Top Topics

Sunday, April 6, 2014

The "H" bomb

I read back through our blog 3 years ago April when we were in this same room.... Transferred out of Icu yesterday. We talked about home as the team dropping the H bomb, ha!

I went to rounds this am as Wynt sat with Owen, and Chris went to a trailer supply shop to pick up something to unclog the black tank before his nap for the day. 

Rounds-
All is looking great. His chest tube output has decreased 20/25% each day and isn't cloudy which would indicate a chyle leak. He has been eating enough fat where that would effect it. Hopefully it will continue to decrease and come out tues weds. It's still putting out quite a bit, was 436ml 4/4 and 365ml 4/5. They like it to be close to 50 ml/day max.

Monitoring renal function and chest X-rays continue daily. X-ray also clearing up daily. He's on lasix, and a blood pressure med, and heparin still. Will come home on plavix, bp med, and lasix I'm guessing. We are using gtube for meds still, it's there so why fight the gags!?

They did drop the h-bomb as well... Fri/sat tentatively.... Exciting but hard to wrap our head around at this point!

He's sleeping now, Wynt is walking sleeping ara to get some lunch for us, and I'm going to nod off as well. 

The rest of the plan for today is to walk more, and poop hopefullly. 

As I'm writing this I don't think I wrote about him walking! Twice! Yesterday. The first time he walked to his wagon to ride to his new bed in the step down unit. I was filming and holding his hand and in awe also. He was upset because he likes his bed and wanted to walk to it even though we thought it would be fun to ride in the wagon. He walked about 8 feet unsupported. Then when we were on the unit he walked from the wagon to his new bed, much better and stronger each time. When he wakes up we will eat and get out of bed again. 

He continues to amaze us and act a little more like himself daily. Chris is somehow functioning pretty well despite continued daily naps ~4 hours and weird sleeping on and off through the night. Owens pumps beep a lot and wake them both up. 

Signing off from our old room where we spent a lot of nights 3 years ago. I held ara in here the same way I held Owen, asleep in my arms. Such a deep healing process going on here, taking years to come to fruition. At least for me. Maybe when I'm in it I'm so in it there isn't a lot of energy for self managing of emotions, etc.

Ok off to nap, love to all, awesome dog sitters and egg getters and goodie givers and ara watchers! We are so lucky! It takes a village!

Being goofy with thumbs up shadows
Quesadilla and kindle- what more could you ask for!?

So handsome, different color too. What a difference satting 97% makes!

No comments: