Top Topics

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Laundry & laughs

Chris is pulling the night shifts at the hospital and I'm pulling nights shifts at home. Chris came back to the Trailer for some sleep yesterday and I was so lucky to have many visitors and helping hands with Owen & Arabelle. 

It's funny how life seems to stop other than what you're doing when a family member is hospitalized. His room has a great view of the ocean and golden gate. But I even forget about weather! The other night leaving it was pouring when I got to the crosswalk to get to the parking garage. I just laughed because I didn't have an umbrella. Thankfully I didn't have Ara! I pulled out my nursing cover and used it to attempt to shield the rain. It was pouring so hard it was just laughable how soaked I was getting just in the 50 yard walk. (Yes we have 2 umbrellas in the car...) it was the day of surgery and I was in a giddy weird goofy high and delirious state. I kept giggling at random ideas or sights. I guess it was nerves?

They are rounding on Owen right know and I encouraged Chris to sit in. I woke up and put 3 loads if laundry in first thing, got the soap on the clothes then got the money in the slots only to realize that the machines take dollar coins from the store which opens at 9. More laughs.. What can you do? Took out the soapy and soiled clothing (Ara!) and bagged them up. Gotta smile. I'll get coins today. 

Thank you Maine family for the visit and also bringing ara pajamas. I forgot to pack more than 2 pair.

Praying for a good day. I can't imagine what his little body feels like, but they don't let him rest much which is good. He was up in the chair twice yesterday wearing his superhero cape Shirley made for him. He wasn't super happy in the hair but indie get some smiles out of him yesterday. He was very happy when Chris came back as he's his #1 buddy. 

I will update as able today. I do get a little downtime when feeding Arabelle or pumping, that's what makes this possible most days. Plus we gotta spread the love and hope and healing around. Life is good!
Please humor me if I repeat myself or repeat photos. I can't keep track! Much love!

No comments: