Top Topics

Monday, April 14, 2014

Processing

We are still processing what we just went through. It was so intense but also not foreign. It was so risky but we have waited in the same waiting room for report. We had so much anxiety and build up that I kept thinking I would have a huge meltdown or gianormous emotional release but mostly we just kept going. I cried my share, for sure, but a lot of that was on my way home to the trailer once Ara started crying. I called it our nightly cry;). 
 

Being home with Chris and the kids the last few days has helped me process everything. I'm still processing the first 2 surgeries! But instead of anxiety I feel relief. Instead of dread I feel peace. 

We still have a ways to go, more time of "lockdown" aka thinking and acting like all kids are already sick, avoiding any potential sick contacts, Owen to heal and recover, and change our social lives a bit. (Not that our social lives are too social!) 

Owen is acting like himself, moving a lot more, and getting outside. I didn't realize how much he would be need to be limited but it's pretty tricky to keep him from using his upper body too much. 

Owen has been having more anxiety, night waking the last 2 nights just like he did with the heart cath. He only wants Chris and Chris has continued to sleep by him. We have re introduced the monitor to keep watch during nap and have removed the roll guard as it was too crazy lifting him up and over that. Minor adjustments to protect our boy. 

Life is so good, love our bubble!


No comments: