Top Topics

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Kitchen tomfoolery & mess making



So we had frozen ravioli the other night which freed up a little time in the kitchen. I purchased this pan a few years ago at the thrift store and have never used it... An abundance of Spring chicken eggs + about 20 minutes prep time = homemade angel food cake. I didn't have cake flour so it was a little dense but very good. You can find the recipe here.

I was inspired by my friend Joy to whip up cream as well, so delightful. Haven't whipped cream in a few months. It really is like eating clouds. I think she added vanilla bean caviar but I used vanilla extract. Way better with vanilla bean but we both still licked the plate clean. 
 This creation was a dinner-was-taking-too-long-and-I'm-starving snack from a different day:

SP cocoa delight
1 sweet potato, cooked, peeled, and mashed
2 TBSP cocoa powder, or more if desired
1 TBSP homemade almond milk
fork mash it together until somewhat uniform (could also use food processor or vitmix)
spread on anything... These are plantain chips from Trader Joes

No-knead multigrain bread
Third time making it, it's really easy but meets to sit overnight. 
I have the hard copy of the recipe from Mary Jane's Farm magazine, but here is the link to an electronic one:

http://kathrynlovett.com/2012/11/05/monday-artisan-bread/


If you try one of these let me know! I don't intentionally cook or bake anything too labor intensive- you have my easy(ish) button stamp of approval.

No comments: