Top Topics

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Post op day 4

Randi and Dan came and helped a bunch, did laundry, put dishes away and vacuumed the trailer. When Wynt, Ara & I got home last night it was spotless! BIG thanks guys. 

Nana and papa watched Arabelle the other night so Chris and I could have some time with Owen together. It was very helpful although Ara was a bit overtired and gave them a harder time. 
Thank you for supporting us and hanging with Owen here at the hospital.

Chris & Owen are very sleep deprived. Chris's routine is to leave for the trailer in the morning when I show up with Arabelle. He gets back to the trailer around 10ish, eats, showers, sleeps as able. He has been able to get 4 hrs or so in of solid sleep daily. This is not enough but he is doing ok. I also only talk to him about 5 minutes a day so I'm kinda guessing as to what he does with his time. He told me yesterday he didn't get to sleep until 130 as he was on the phone with HR trying to secure his pto, vacation, etc. He was on hold for 25 mins and just had to get off the phone to get some sleep. He is probably taking 6 weeks off and getting that approved takes time. Hopefully Monday will bring shorter wait times. 

I have wynter here for 2 nights! She has aunt Kim and Brian watching the kids as Dave is in Israel for work. So grateful for my amazing sisters. Ara loves being worn by them and falls asleep in the Ergo with them. 

Marsh has been missing being here as the other grandparents have all visited and helped and had a part in our stay. She's coming for 3 days next week and scheduling wise it worked out better for us for her to come then. I know it's hard to not visit mom! Visitors and helpers are awesome and you will be so helpful when you're here. 

Court has come by too since she lives so close. Owen has really enjoyed his visitors. He tends to sleep when it's just him and I (like right now).

He had a good night, didn't get back out of bed last night. Ate some pancake and 2 pieces of bacon. Then needed to take 5 meds by mouth... Got gaggy and was battling losing it all. Poor dude. He fought it and won the fight once IV zofran was on board. Wanted that breakfast to stay down. Opted for using his gtube for his pain meds this time. we have come so far in not using it but it's there so may as well use it for times like this. 

Wynt took Ara out for a walk cause that sweet gal is a shrieker! Wynt is going to take her to courts today to hang out so Chris can have the trailer to sleep. 

I honestly don't know how each day's gears are going to work with the two kids, sleeping, Owen's status, but the days keep coming. The best thing is that Owen is doing well and improving each day.  This is the craziest thing I've done, having an infant who wants mama lots, and a 3.5 year old hospitalized. A husband functioning on 4 hours of sleep, and living in a toy hauler. Packing up each day and walking 15 mins from parking garage to his room loaded with diaper bag, pump, food, toys, etc. It's quite a dance but we are doing it. I can barely process what has even happened because we are so in it there's not a lot of breathing room. And that's just the way it is. 

We are so glad we have our trailer, it's so comfy and has everything we need, way more than a hotel would have. I learned I'm a pretty good water saver-quick showerer as I leave the water on the whole time and have never run out of hot water! 

I don't really know how to address the amount of love, support, prayer, and good vibes sent our way. We are beyond blessed in so many ways. And we feel it through and through.

I'm overwhelmed with emotion when I think about how many people have/had Owen/us in their thoughts, especially on surgery day. The strength of positivity and faith is so powerful in our lives, we are so lucky to be so connected to all of you and a higher power, whatever you believe.  

Here's a pic of my boy now, I'm going to get working on my next weeks schedule of helpers! 

Also if you have any questions you can ask in the comments and I can try to answer them next time. That will give me some structure for another post. Feel free I'm sure you've got questions:). 

No comments: