Top Topics

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Where is Home?

I'm Okay





Owen had a good night and good morning from what I heard. He had his catheter removed this morning so now he is back to the diaper changes freq since he is on Lasix. He had a large bowel movement this morning which is a good sign of things to come. They have stated his trickle feeds again so hopefully we can advance them as quick as possible. His saturation's are low to mid 80's which is what they want him to be. There has been talk about wanting to remove his chest tubes. One is still putting out a decent amount of fluid so hopefully that slows even more. He has been fussy on and off but he can't eat and he is in pain on and off. They have been watching his respiratory rate because it has been fast and adjusting his oxygen. I think it has to do with his pain response and being hungry. He will calm down with us but it takes awhile so he gets Morphine and Ativan around the clock. He just needs milk but I understand why we have to wait. Many people have asked me when will you guys be able to come home? The answer is I don't know. They have not talked about it too much to us yet. I would think if things progress well we will be home maybe in 2 weeks but that is just my guess at things.
I was the lucky one that was able to go home yesterday and Chelsea stayed with little O and friend Jac stayed with her. I was able to escape the cold but felt like I was visiting and it almost does not feel like home. I felt I was visiting our house like it was a vacation home. It was still good to be there but felt lost without Chelsea and O. I managed to get to the garden and pick some things for Chelsea and I to have at Ronald's. I was very excited to check on the chickens and found 2 eggs. Our first eggs, it was a pleasant surprise. They are probably fertilized by our rooster "Pat" who was supposed to be a Hen but you can still eat them and no there is no chick inside. I was able to run some errands for Chelsea today on the way back. I had to do what would be uncomfortable for the most "metro" of men. I went to the Bra section and found the nursing bras and shirts after looking for awhile. That was one thing I was not going to ask for help to find and when I found them I got out of the section as faster than you could say "panty hose". I then went to Ulta to get Chelsea a belated B-day present. It was like estrogen city and I was in and out as fast as possible. The man card was in check for sure today with those trips. I made it back to my wonderful fog filled "home" away from home with my little family. I would not want to be any where else with out them.
-Chris

4 comments:

The erckenbrack's said...

Reading the blog made my day. So glad the tube came out. He is just precious. The sweetest little guy. Loved the pics. Chris we were all very impresses to hear about your purchases. You r good husband and daddy. Looking forward to reading more blogs about owen getting stronger and stronger. Sending our love and prayers from chico.

The Winn Family said...

So sweet. Glad everyone is reunited today and doing well. :) -Mikia

Sayna said...

Happy belated Birthday Chelsea. Welcome back Chris. Chelsea did a great job yesterday in your absence. Be patient, you'll be back home in due time. Owen looks great.

Unknown said...

I follow the blog daily and I'm so happy to
see Owen without all his "bling" as Chris
called it. I can't wait to hug you Chelsea
and Chris, ok Owen too. We thank you
for having us(kaiser bunch) in your life.
The blog is emotional, hope there is Welcome
home Owen party in the works. Xo