Top Topics

Monday, August 23, 2010

Grumpasaurus

I don't think you can blame him for being a little grumpy these days. I think the we are trying to get him back to a routine. He is back to bottle feeding again today. He is doing okay with it so far. I think he needs to relearn again. He is drinking about 1 oz every 2-3 hrs so we will see how things progress. He chest tubes have had minimal output in them so the plan is to be removed tomorrow. That is huge because they look so uncomfortable. The "H" bomb was dropped today by the surgeon's nurse practitioner. If you are wondering what the "H" bomb is, it's HOME. What Owen needs is a little more time. Chest tubes need to come, get off o2 and better eating status. She said Wednesday-ish of next week. Chelsea and I are very realistic and know things can change quickly with him but we will keep our fingers crossed and pray for this. How great would that be?

The sun has been shining down here today. It has been the warmest day we have had here. It has been in the 70s with no fog or wind. It is great! Chelsea and I stayed late last night and we were on our way back to Ron's when we pulled up to drop Chelsea off before I parked the car. I went to give Chelsea the keys to get into the house when the keys were not in my pocket. I frantically started to look for them but they were nowhere to be found. I then started to backtrack in my head of where they could have fallen out. The only thing that I could think of is when I was getting my keys out to get in the car back at the hospital. The problem is that we can't even get in the front door to make it to our room. So we drive back to the hospital and began looking for the keys on the street with a flash light. No luck with that. We had to make the call to the on call staff member at Ronald's. They met us back at the house and let us into the house and then our room. I still had to go park the car at the kaiser facility 3 blocks away. On my drive it hit me I took my keys out this morning at the parking garage. When arriving I looked in my normal parking spot-- no keys. I figured I would ask security if they had a lost and found and what do you know, our keys were there. It was now about 1030 I had not eaten dinner, I walked into our room to see the bed, broken and staring at me. I kept my cool, put the thing back together again, ate something then went to bed. So much for a relaxing night. Hopefully tonight will be a little more smooth.
-Chris

3 comments:

Sayna said...

Hey Chris, the fact that during the past month the only thing that you have miss-placed was your keys is a amazing. Aiden (my 7 year old) started 2nd grade 10 days ago and so far has forgotten his lunch box twice and his water bottle once!!!!!! Never thought 2nd grade was so stressful. (Chelsea, see it never ends).
Hope to see you guys back home next week.

Figster said...

Hi Chris and Chelsea,
I'm glad to hear that you got to hear the H word today. And yay for Owen for eating! And even bigger yay that you got to hold him!! I hope it all continues to go well for you all.

Thinking of Owen,
Hallie

The Winn Family said...

You think you're losing your keys now, just wait until you're all home and not sleeping... ever... It will be a rare day when you know where your keys, phone, and mind are, all at the same time. I'll be praying that day comes for you next week! Yay! ;-) -Mikia