Top Topics

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 20-Owen's stats

What do you expect-- you give me a recliner, I am going to fall asleep. Owen is sleeping too.
Owen by the numbers=
Weight- 8 lbs 3 oz
Length-20 inches
Number of dirty diapers a day- 10
Number of visitors- 17
Number of times Owen has pooped on me-2
Number of times Owen has urinated on parents -2
Number of nurses that want to date Owen-countless
Number of times Owen has turned blue while crying- countless
Number of times Owen has scared the crap out of me- at least once a day
Number of hospitals Owen has been to- 2
Number of echos Owen has had in utero and out-9
Number of cardiologist that follow Owen-7
Number of days in the ICU- 20
Average mls of breast milk that he eats during feedings-90
I have been starting the blog early in the day while watching Owen sleep. He has had a good night and morning so far. So as you know his NO was stopped yesterday and they have also stopped he the high flow O2. He is now on 3 L via NC (nasal cannula aka plastic tube that gives him more oxygen) with regular flow. He has been in the mid 70s for the most part this morning. As the day progresses things change but we will see. As before we are just waiting and watching. If we can keep progressing this way and he does well we might avoid intervention. This is still optimistic but we try to stay positive.
Since this is a blog I can talk about what ever I want right? Complaints that I have to get off my chest are listed below:
The elevators here are beyond slow. When you are walking, if you are a slow walker, please walk in a straight line, don't walk like your drunk, you are in my way when I am trying to pass you. My fellow men, raise the seat up when you pee, some of us have to use the public restroom for things other than urinating. Don't pass gas in the elevator-- wait 30 seconds until you get to the floor that you are going to --it will still come out then. Please don't touch me in the elevator, I am not touching you. Just don't even talk in a elevator I don't want to hear about that girl you just met. I know this is a children's hospital but the waiting room is a spot for parents to get away so when your kid is screaming at the top of their lungs and they are not a patient, that's not OK. Sorry I had to get that off my chest and now I feel better. Thanks for listening, will update if there is anything to update.
-Chris
P.S.-It is still summer right? Why is it so cold everyday here?











1 comment:

Teri Brandt said...

Chris- sometimes it seems all you have done the past three weeks is sleep! LOL! And you should know how freezing hospitals are-you have to dress for winter even if it's 100 degrees outside. LOVE reading all the blog updates on Owen! He is strong and quite the cutie! You and your wife are quite strong a well! Lots of prayers are being said for your family. Hope Owen goes home healthy very soon! Plus, we miss you at work-not that I ever saw you much since you ALWAYS worked the elite fast track position! JK! Will continue the prayers for a healthy handsome baby for you and your wife to take home very soon! Stay strong!