Top Topics

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Home days are the BEST

This was Owen's first harvest, we went down to the garden first thing the am after we got home. It was a little challenging to bend over to harvest things close to the ground but really no different than planting with a big belly!
I know, I know, WHITE is just silly. I knew that going into it. But honestly clothes are silly for babies anyway. But he has some damn cute outfits so I got him all guzzied up to meet Great Grandma Leins. Of course he had a back poop that creeped up just enough to get on his farming onesie. The socks are just too much but I couldn't resist. When Great Grammy got here he was in his birthday suit to show off his scar.
They came bearing food! Twice baked potatoes, ribs, brownies, salad, carrot cake, and rosemary bread! We enjoyed tea and laughed a lot. I missed seeing my grammy- it had been since before O was born! Thank you Bowens for watching Blue over the last few days.

Blue is a little curious of O but other than some smells no real relationship yet. I haven't taken pics of them yet.

Neighbor Ron and Debbie stopped by to meet O also. O and I were just hanging out on the deck and he entertained them very much. Chris was sleeping, as my nap shift was the hour earlier. (PS shifts rock to all you new parents out there).

O has had a great day again. He took down another full bottle and didn't need supplemental ng. He was also hungry after his last feed so I gave him a breastfeeding snack. It was such a wonderful day but I didn't get much sleep. After O's bath and dinner tonight I am going to sleep until the next feeding at 12. It is silly because he is sleeping so good at night and we are waking him up to feed him. But we are very committed to his weight gain and getting that ng out. We have stayed pretty religious to the every 3 hour feeds 6-9-12-3-6-9-12-3. It is a little against nature but that is what we were doing at the hospital. It feels good to go outside of that a little with the breastfeeding snacks:). I know, I am such a rebel! Hehe.

Tomorrow we venture to the cardiologist to check in. We will get another weight and I'm anticipating more gains!

Love to all and hope to keep this going as often as possible.
-Chels

4 comments:

The McMahon's said...

So happy to hear the Owen is adjusting well to being at home and eating good! He is so darn cute! Sounds like you guys have a great system going there to keep up with sleep :) Love that swing. It looks like the same one we had for my daughter. She LOVED it up until she got bigger and her shoulders were smooshed in there...here's a tip if that happens...we turned her around backwards in it because it is wider at the foot part and she went on to love it again!!

Heidi Ann said...

Oh, I am so happy to see that you are all home together!!
LOVED this photo, by the way! A very special group of people there!

The Winn Family said...

So cute! Dress O up in as many outfits as you can, and take pictures of him in each! He'll probably grow out of them before you have another chance. -Mikia

Unknown said...

I'm so glad O is home now! I can't wait till I come out next and can see him in his home! Hope you guys are getting some rest.

portia