Top Topics

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Good days

Ok, so when I got back into blogging before O was born I was starting with our land photos, and the progress on the garden. And then he came! Here are some updated pics from this season.From left to right: corn, zucchinis, melons, basil, weeds!
Left to right: kale, cosmos, starting romas.
Soybeans
Corn with house in distant view.
These cosmos are now 7 feet tall!!
Chicken pictures to follow sometime soon!

Well I am a little behind in blogging, funny how we had extra time in the hospital and time has a complete new meaning. For the first few days home Chris and I agreed that we worked for an hour and then had a 2 hour break! (When O was sleeping). After getting in a groove and enjoying the every 3 hour schedule like clockwork, and not having any weight gain, we decided to let O decide when he was ready to chow (but not letting him exceed 4 hours). We started that 2 days ago and it has been going well. He did go one stretch of about 3.5 hours but has made up for it thru the day with a 2.5 hour one but really is just on his own schedule. It feels good to let him do that instead of waking him up.

We have been so fortunate for all of his care. Our cardiologist called us tuesday to check in after we saw him on friday, as well as the NP at UCSF has called us once and personally emailed me. It is so kind, I know how busy she is down there at UCSF, and she even reassured me after we kinda haggled her about discharging us. SUCH good follow up.
Here is O hanging with Great Aunt Lori.
O smiling while cuddling with Aunt Jac.
Ok, so this isn't our garden, but it is Aunt Tracy's garden in Cool. We went there at least once a week last summer and hadn't made it yet until the other day. Owen blended right in, a true future farmer (like he has a choice!)
Daddy O and relaxed O.
A beautiful sunny flower. Tracy gave me one that had fallen for seeds to roast and seeds to plant for next year!

Owen has been doing well. I think I already blogged it but we are adding more organic formula to my breastmilk to up the calories to make up for his increased nutrition needs. Hopefully that does the trick. I am eating butter and ice cream to fatten up my milk just kidding but maybe that part of the problem, no one knows exactly how much nutrition is in my milk itself. Hopefully this works, he has done well with it last night and today. Aunt Jac came to say bye before she leaves for Haiti on Saturday to go be a professional cuddler at an orphanage and also use her MA skills at a clinic. Aunt Court came by an was a professional cuddler with O today. We relaxed and Owen had some naked time out on the deck today under an umbrella. He loves being naked, and the fresh air also.

Chris was gone for most of the day doing errands and stopping by his work. We had a big THANK YOU to deliver to all of our extended Kaiser family. What a crazy blog, here there and everywhere. That's what you get for not blogging every day. Anyway, hope you are all doing well and wish me luck...Chris is going back to work next week! I will fend for myself- meds, diapers, and NG oh my!
Love, Chels

1 comment:

The Winn Family said...

Love your pictures! So happy to hear of your progress. Hoping for him to pack on the pounds (ok, ounces... that's more realistic)!! =) -Mikia