Top Topics

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Happy days are here!



Ok so took a day off of bloggin. Doing good, had some visitors, Jay yesterday and today Great Uncle and Aunt Lori and Brian. O took naps with all visitors. He is such a good gardener... 3 eggs today, 30+ tomatoes..wow! We are enjoying doing normal things like laundry, cuddling without a million wires, and hanging out with O. So far 2/3 times when I have gone out for a "break" (ie on a jog or to the garden for half an hour) O hasn't rested and just wanted to cuddle with dad. One of the times he balled as soon as I left the house. It's just a weird coincidence really, he is used to being around other people! Chris and I are diggin' the shifts. Chris and I enjoy doing the before bed and bath one, then Chris does the first shift so I get a few hours of sleep! Whooo! Then I enjoy doing the 2 morning ones (the ones where the sun is out is better). I have been trying to preserve some of our harvests for the times when O doesn't nap as often, I'm working, or for whatever reason we can't cook! I have made spaghetti sauce and zucchini soup so far. The deep freezer is about half full of breast milk, so gotta put stuff in there Chris and I can eat too!!

I plan on not blogging every day intentionally. It sounds weird but I have found that we have so many loyal readers that you all know everything when we hang out. I want to work on "normal" communication again...Although I know "normal" has a new meaning these days!

I want to extend our love and gratitude to all of our readers. It has given us so much strength to know that you care about us and follow our (Ok, Owen's) lives/life. Chris and I still have so many questions ourselves...When will be the next surgery? What will that process be like? When will Owen's body weight catch up so that his respiratory rate comes down and he can eat 100% by mouth? When am I going back to work? We don't know all the answers right now. But we are enjoying every minute- no matter what time of night or morning- with our little miracle babe.
Love Chels

1 comment:

Rudy said...

Miracle babe indeed! Happy relaxing Sunday to you three!