Top Topics

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

big day

Hello there
We will have to revisit the aforementioned estimated blog posting time... O's feeding schedule falls with a feed at 9 so this time is a little hard. Also the length may shorten... this is a disclaimer blog! hehe
We had our first big outing today to the peds MD. Our MD was great and the NP from UCSF called him to give him a heads up about O. He made us laugh- did his physical inspection of O and then at the end said... "Well....he has a heart murmur..." It was funny in a morbid kinda way. We will go back in 2 weeks and check in on O's weight. I also had my 6 week OB appt and all is good there. Got the go ahead for exercise-in all my spare time! It was a big outing for us, we left at 1015, and didn't get home until 3. We prepared to give O his ng feed in the car between appointments and the kiddo took all 75ml from the bottle! Wahoo!!

When we got home I took a nap and Chris had O. O was awake for a lot of their visit. I slept like I had never slept before. Then it was my shift and Chris got a nap in. When Chris woke I was rearing to go on a walk or down to the garden. So I left and I harvested 8 eggs (6 in the am, and 2 in the pm!!), about 40 roma tomatoes, green beans, 10 almonds, and soy beans for dinner. YUM!

I got back and Chris was a little frustrated because as soon as I left O started crying and hadn't stopped. This was unlike him, as he has been very peaceful at our home thus far besides regular issues. We tried everything but finally he just needed to pass some good ole gas. He has been a little more full of that since he took another bottle 100% today by mouth! Big steps!!

Anyway before I make this blog all about gas, poo colors, etc (smiling), I hope you are all well. We are adjusting to this new life, and let me tell you we are so excited to be here. We get our doggie Blue back tomorrow! We haven't seen her in over a month and I guess she likes kittens! We will NOT be getting any of those any time soon.

We have attempted a house lock down of the Britton 3 but that soon will be lifted. Great grandma gets to meet Owen tomorrow, he can't wait.

Hope you are all well and best be getting to this tornado house I call it these days.
Loves and wet smooches from Owen
-Chels

6 comments:

The Winn Family said...

Tummy rubs and Mylicon drops work wonders for baby gas. Sounds like things are going great. Bet it feels more than wonderful to be home. I'm so happy for all of you! -Mikia

Rudy said...

Welcome home Big Man! Sounds like you guys are all smiles! Looking forward to the days ahead AT HOME!

The Brittons said...

thanks guys! We are experimenting with other nipples also. He had a pretty gas free day today.
@ mikia- what age do you need to fatten up kiddo?
@ Kim- miss you guys! Owen is working on his skills to impress taylee when they meet!

The Winn Family said...

14 months... =)

-Mikia

The Brittons said...

Mikia- whole milk, avocados, olive oil, butter, anything fatty. Also favorite foods, healthy or non. Weight is very important but it is such a hard thing. It's ironic that is Owen's issue due to my line of work...poor guy is trying his hardest!

The Winn Family said...

We're trying the favorite foods route, feeding him Mac and Cheese for pretty much every meal he eats at home... Ugh. Picky kid. Great to hear you guys are settling in! Love your pictures! He is such a cutie pie!