Top Topics

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

More recently!

First plum harvest-tree has about 100plums, hopefully we will be able to get most of them away from the birds!
Chris's cherries he harvested.
Snap/shelling peas. The early and flat ones are good to just eat, the round and more developed ones I shelled and Chris and I enjoyed peas and pasta. Lotsa work for little yield that way.
Row of Kale looking pretty good!
One of the first harvests of lettuce. Note the roots! I didn't know they would keep giving if the roots were left...Chris got the 411 from our friend Tracy. Now we cut them off and wait for more to grow!

3 comments:

KS Petty said...

Extremely impressive! Our mini-harvest was a lesson in planting: If you put things in the ground at the same time, your take can be almost overwhelming. (What am I gonna do with all this kale!?)

The Brittons said...

My kale or your kale? We have an abundance and I consume it daily! I have been storing it along the way as well as giving it away in cute bunches!

Rudy said...

Thanks for the kale it has been so tasty! Your garden is absolutely gorgeous!