Top Topics

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Is it weird to want to eat your kid?

J/k about to really wanting to eat him, he is just so cute and edible. Owen has had a good day. Little man is still off all the meds at this time. He has even gotten the ok for some breast feeding which makes him and mom very happy. He still has a low saturation in in the 80s but that's ok for now. Everything that I am use to in the ED tells me to freak out over that, but the team over here is comfortable with that for now. Per cardiology that should improve with time. He has been sleeping more today which is good he had some rough days while on the prostaglandin. We were able to see him sneeze a few times today. He must be taking after his mom in that department because they were louder than a normal person sneezes. He was able to get everyone in his pod laughing at him because they were so loud. The plan as of now is to continue to monitor him and his oxygen levels. We were told that a repeat echocardigram will be done on Friday to see how things are progressing. He is not allowed to go home if the PDA is still open. PDA(the part of the heart that was being kept open by the prostaglandin, this will take longer to close because of being on the med). We will continue our time at Kaiser Roseville NICU. Chelsea is doing good, she has been tired from the delivery, and still not sleeping very well but is healing and recovering very well. I have no problem admitting that she is much stronger than me. No man would ever make it through the birthing process. My hat is off to all women out there, you are all amazing. If it was up to men to have kids, the population of the world would be a lot smaller. With that said hope all is well, thank you all for the continued support, you have no idea what it means to us.
-Chris

2 comments:

mandalei said...

This is all good news--thanks for sharing. Ben and I have you on our feed readers, so we get the updates as soon as they're posted and we are grateful to you guys for taking the time to let us know how you are. I'm sure all the bases are covered by closer relatives... but let us know if there's anything at all we can help out with. we love y'all!

by the way, actually nibbling on the exposed bits is totally normal! I was into the toes, myself; they were like little champagne grapes.

KS Petty said...

I've gotta say, these updates mean the world to me. I find myself on the fence throughout the day--do I call and show my support, or leave them alone and show my support? I've decided to keep texting when the moment strikes me, and keep checking for updates online.

You guys keep funneling the love his way, and we'll be here when you need us.