Top Topics

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Recovering..slowly...

Due to some phone technical difficulties I do not have any pictures to upload of Owen, but here are some of our 4 month old happy girl. She is getting lots of love around here, and developing more each day. She is giggling lots, especially at the whoopie cushion. She moved into her own room when we got back from SF and she is following the same sleeping pattern. Usually down at 8, wakes a lot that first hour, then sleeps until 1,2, or 3. Then she hits the crib until 5,6,7,8 or any combination of those! She is a pretty easy going gal.


Owen on the other hand, has had a really rough go. He has had nightmares/night waking every nice since we came home. He is pretty inconsolable, which started at a 15 minute episode. He has shortened the time of these episodes but have happened every 2ish hours since we have been home. He says sweet things like "I'm getting better, I'm feeling so much better" during the crying fits.

The night before last he said "Get these things off of me". I have spoken to the social worker at UCSF who specializes in trauma after seeing so many kids be affected. She said especially with the Fontan procedure kids have issues that are lasting at times. She said it happened quite commonly, and since he is already showing signs of PTSD on some level that she thinks intervening now would be a great idea to minimize further torment on his sweet soul!

His site looks good, and he still has a low grade fever at times. He is acting mostly normal through the day besides being exhausted and not napping much. We are heading to take his first submerged bath tonight and played out in the yard today looking for worms, his favorite activity.

I am somehow functioning well today. I have had some help from family and friends and I think that as well as the good vibes, juju, and prayer that is sent our way is keeping me functioning on very little sleep. One night I saw every hour on the clock! Last night was better I slept 10-1, then 5a-7am. Hoping for even longer stretches tonight, I REALLY feel for parents of twins or people who do not have family around. LUCKY LUCKY!! 

No comments: