Top Topics

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Home Days

I love being home. I used to run all around, have 2 jobs, go to 2 schools, pack in my schedule like I had something to prove. That is just not my style anymore!

I know the season is coming where kids will have school, activities, etc, but for now, I love home days. I rarely feel bored, and there is always something to do around here. We spend a lot of time outdoors, playing in the dirt or sandbox, or going on walks.
Ara had her first wagon ride around the property.
Owen had his first potty break on the property, ha! I knew he would need to go so I just brought it with us in the wagon!
Happy kids.
Sheep photo-bomb!

In addition to being enthralled with my children and anything they do, I enjoy 
completing little projects that are easy to do quickly when home. Things that don't require much time/focus/energy... Usually something in the kitchen. 
Shari got me a seed sprouter for Xmas in 2012. I got pregnant soon thereafter and had always known sprouts (usually out in the world) were a highly perishable food and more likely to cause foodbourne illness if prego or weakened immune system. So it sat in the garage. Call me careful but I will avoid GI upset like the plague!  I finally used it to make some mung bean sprouts, so yum! I'm going to share with the chickens today, I made way too many. All you do is water the seeds once a day.
I have also had a sourdough starter packet for a long time, maybe a year... I read the directions and put it away, as it seemed too labor intensive!! You need to feed it! Another mouth to feed, no thanks! Well something possessed me to give it a go last week and I think it worked. It really only required daily feeding after the first day of feeding twice. I'm going to make my first sourdough loaf in the next few days. 



2 comments:

Heidi Ann said...

I love the pictures of the kids in the wagon!
And - homemade sourdough bread, huh? Wish I could taste that, when you bake it! Yum.

The Brittons said...

Sadly it got mold on the top of the bowl so I had to toss it... Starting another one soon!