Top Topics

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Home Sweet Home


We made it home close to midnight. Owen's discharge was slowed by a chest X-ray, and a random rash. His skin is so sensitive that he's allergic to any tape used on the skin... And apparently the cleaner they use on the skin. 

After I posted yesterday it got harder, as Owen was recovering and needing to lay flat and still. He was not happy at all. His demeanor improved a bit with a steady flow of saltines "salty crackers" but overall he wanted everything off and to go home. His first words awake were just that... "I want to go home." 

It was quite interesting having Ara as well. Chris left for 20 mins to get us lunch and it was busy! She was rolling around on one side of the bed and Owen needed reminding of his leg frequently. It all worked out but our hands were full. 

They were great on the way home and Chris slept with Owen last night. Ara & I slept 12-5 so that was pretty great! Been a while since I've had a 5 hour stretch.

Owen woke with a fever 100.3 and itchy from his reaction. He's been on benedryl and tyelenol today and taken a few naps. He is supposed to lay low for a week but when the meds kicked in towards the end of the day he was playing more. 

I wanted to share 2 other team Owen race pictures:
This is Alyson and her son on a hike at Folsom lake. She was my midwife with Owen and through ara's pregnancy. She joined our team too!
This is Wynt's garmin... Pretty quick that gal! She did her half marathon in spurts but did it so quickly. I think my half marathon took about 4 hours. 

Overall this roar and run virtual 13.1 was so much fun. I am already looking forward to doing it again. 

The team roster gives me chills! Of those who signed up I have met half of them... My friend Stephanie recruited some of her friends and they all signed up! Super sweet! 

On the fundraising note... This is amazing... And brought so many people together... My goal was 200$ which I thought was pretty high. Check out this screen shot..
Thank you to all of you who support us, in texts, comments, blog visits, calls, emails, running, jumping rope, making meals, toy donations, fundraising, spoils for us all, toy deliveries for Owen, love & affection, laughter and hugs. (There was no way to make all those verbs agree... There are too many good ways people show their love!) & We heart it all!



1 comment:

Winn Family said...

Love you guys, thought of you all weekend but not able to comment due to living off-the-grid temporarily. Glad you're home and recovering. xoxoxoxo