Top Topics

Monday, October 12, 2015

Home again

These sweeties were well taken care of while we were gone, and we sure missed them!
They love each other so, and they also enjoy playing on their own.
 This guy is very hard to capture in photos, as he is m o v i n g all the time!
 Ragamuffin at her finest! Digging the swing these days.
 This love was really working the camera today, wow, what a doll.
 Sliding down in undies, why not!
 Grubby~
 Dirt mountain is oh so fun, I could just watch them play for hours..
 For some reason the shoes don't always stay on. We just roll with it around here. Cleanliness is overrated.
 This little heart of mine, He found this rock, shaped like a heart, and picked it up and it broke in half. He placed it back together, wow. So symbolic for him, for us. His "last surgery" "repaired" him to have half a heart, so it really pulled on my heart strings. He always does!
 This one is quite an adventurer. If she can open the door, she will escape. If she grabs something she knows she shouldn't have, she runs. I took photos of her in front of the zinnias when she was a week old, so I'm a tad obsessed with her and my zinnas. So nostalgic I am!
 Eating basil in front of the marigolds and sunflowers
 Helping shell dried beans. These ones are called holstein beans as they are black and white. They are some of my favorite heirloom beans and we planted them from seeds I'd saved. Full circle. Only had two plants so cooked it is about 1/2 cup. That's the bummer. But the kids had a blast. Owen has always loved this part of the bean harvest.
 Mornings are now different... Ara is the only babe with me... On days that I don't work we come home, let the chickens out, and she chases the sheep. We are always in random clothing in the morning as it is hot or cold and/or I had to wake her up and toss on something in a jiffy to get out the door to school by 8. It takes us longer to walk from our car to the classroom than it does to drive to school, we are so spoiled! (and O is a little slow moving in the morning, ha!)
 Yup, she likes green tomatoes too. Or just the attention she gets when she eats them...

No comments: