Top Topics

Monday, October 12, 2015

Portland

Since I've been a little behind I attempted to scoot my boot and catch up. I may have made a mistake in the chronology though, in my efforts to be a more effective blogger.... I pre-uploaded photos for 4 posts, but now they are in a different order. But the good news is that the computer update has restored the photo application on the computer. Thank you apple for the free consultation, even though it was a wild 45 minutes of children running rampant even though Chris was with them! Oh the joys of a small, open home!


We went to Portland! For 3 days and 2 nights! It was so much fun! We went to the rose gardens after an exciting tour of Portland. We were sitting 4 deep in the back of a camry.  The things you do to save money on a rental car lol.


There were quite a few bees but who could blame them? It was amazing.

We went on an amazing hike up to Pittock mansion. Chris and I have been on our share of hikes with a lackluster finish. We prepped Amanda for a potential pile of rocks. We were amazed at the sight! I think we will continue to approach any hike with a promise at the end with the idea of a pile of rocks as our expectations were greatly exceeded! The view was also spectacular of Portland.

I don't know if it is my chronic desire to relive the past, but it did feel like we were getting ready for a high school dance. Or maybe it was because we had actually gone to high school dances with the friends we were traveling with! It was different to get fancied up and go out on the town.

Pretty mama expecting in Feb, not really showing here

Prom pose!
Before the wedding we went out for another great view, drinks, and appetizers. Because at 530 on a saturday, without kids, That is what you do, apparently. Well I can see why! Yummy ginger mojito and ahi hit the spot.

The lighting wasn't very conducive to selfies but it didn't stop the selfie queen and her sidekick!
The couple had an intimate wedding the weekend before and we came for the reception. Adam's speech was so heartfelt. I knew the boys went way back but had never heard the full story, they have been friends since diapers as they were in daycare together!
And then Chris came along and they accepted him as one of their own (minus the diaper stories!)
They had some great touches, the dj was also a talented singer, and was serenading me personally (just kidding...I like to think all musicians are singing to me for some reason. This is a fact.)

I have to say this was an adorable sign. I had my share of consumption at the open bar. Also a fact.

The next morning I wasn't feeling so hot. First hangover since...Ever? Wow. Guess that's what happens when a mama is left to only be responsible for herself. And open bar. And driver. And wine. Swoops!

We sat (I just wanted to stay in one place!) down by the riverfront and watched this amazing family play music. They had it down, 3 kids under 13 and their dad started their set off with some Sweet Home Alabama. They played some great songs, and the 6ish year old girl even sang Adele. It was a great way to spend our morning before we had to leave.

Our home in portland had a pool! And it was hot that weekend so it was perfectly refreshing. Was super stoked to be able to utilize the gorgeous yard and healing waters.
Of course we walked to a farmers market and bought too much food. I foraged in the yard for the tomatoes, kale, and grapes. Hey! Those strawberries did get moldy and I didn't notice until after I ate a few.. Maybe that was the source of the hangover? Ya right!

cute shovel display on the potting shed







This was our yard. I never wanted to leave! Even a willow.... it was so peaceful and calm...and our friends gave us the master! It was so relaxing....
Here was Ara snugging with uncle dave while we were out of state.
And hugging on elise
O had a blast with cousins, and LOVED sleeping with them!
BIGGEST thank you to my sister Wynt and Dave and girls for taking the kids. Also Nana and Papa had an early wakeup time as our flight was an early one the day we left. Our village is the best!

No comments: