Top Topics

Monday, October 12, 2015

Capitola for a Weekend- Mama's 60th Celebration!

Mama's turning 60! Her birthday is actually in December but we wanted to plan this way in advance and the holidays always have a whirlwind of energy around them. We wanted us all to have a relaxing getaway, but Marsh especially of course!

We didn't tell her where we were going!! It was so fun to keep it a surprise. I'm being very lazy and not organizing the photos. I wish they would go in the order that I took them but alas, no~

This. Hike. It was an easy flat hike, but amazingly gorgeous, surrounded by lush greenery and so shaded like a fairy forest. My sissies decided to make Marsh nervous and walked across the log. I was happy to document.




 We rented a rad cozy home full of unique antiques and cost plus decor.
Plus this tree out back. I'm lusting after this tree. Just LOVE it. White angel's trumpets, come in different colors. She will be mine! So gorge!

 We went out to dinner one night to Cafe Cruz. Sitting on the patio with the heaters was very cozy. We didn't want to budge, even though our bellies were full.






 The yard had a spot for everything, dining, bbq, garden, flowers. It was organized but also had a lot of personality.






 The beach was only a 10 minute walk from our weekend home.

 This yard! Love! We got some use out of it, sipping some sips before dinner, as well as coffee in the morn.


 We all did agree that the meal we liked the best was the one we cooked!
Fresh bodega bay salmon
beet, avocado and bacon salad
butternut squash
roasted potatoes
UMM YES PLEASE!


 We told Marsh to stay in her room our first morning there so we could decorate the house. We all have a thing for photos so we each printed some out and brought them.

 Wynt made a sweet banner that really made the decor special.

Silly pics time... Wynt ran to this swing like a 5 year old! She pumped on it real high and then court and I hopped on. It was hilarious!


 There was a double  seater bike in the yard that we just pretended to ride

 All photos of flowers were taken from the yard.
 Just gazed up at these amazing flowers for days
 Garden in background in this photo, even had an apple tree on the right!


 Both nights we watched a movie, which is what marsh likes to do. I can't tell you the last time I watched 2 movies 2 nights in a row!  We snuggled up and enjoyed, ironically, A diane keaton movie based on her 60th birthday with her 3 daughters! The next night was The theory of everything.
 Wynt and her coffee in our weekend haven
 Love the MARSH!
We really tried to give Marsh the best weekend of her favorite things: hiking, ocean, walking, food, dancing on the patio (well just me and her to some fleetwood mac), chocolate, laughter, movies, massage (really ghetto place, though, sorry mom!!), coffee, and family! It was a bonus weekend for us girls as well as these are all things we enjoy as well. It really was such a relaxing weekend, a nice recharge. I love my world now, but it isn't a very quiet one. It was really great to have some quiet here. I even took 2 baths. By myself! In an amazing antique copper bathtub. 

1 comment:

Heidi Ann said...

Oh, it all sounds just perfect!
You girls are wonderful, and I love that all of you were able to get together and celebrate her birthday early in such a great place.
I love you all, and I am so pleased that I have known your dear and very special mom for nearly all of her (almost) sixty years.
It's an honor and a pleasure to be friends with a family as lovely as yours.