Top Topics

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Getting out and about a bit

I had an afternoon solo to celebrate char's baby boy Caleb. Our bodies look like one dark blob together here as we were wearing the same color. Who needs mimosas when there is champagne around? Props to marsh for watching the kids for some solo time.
We had a day escape (from chores!) up to Bowens house last week. Owen has a total blast there as I think they have more toys than we do, from when Bryce and Austin were little. 
Kim sent me upstairs for a power nap, and they enjoyed the yard & sunshine. I will pretty much never turn down the opportunity to sleep unless I just had a lil dose of caffeine. Btw I stopped drinking coffee... Sad face.. More on that later.
Owen searched for Martin, there at, whose real name is Derek. He was yelling Martin where are you, come out where ever you are. Cracking us up. Not sure when he heard the name Martin even.
I topped ara off when i woke up and she passed out in my arms. I attempted the transfer to the blanket and succeeded! Then I took about 50 photos to document she took a Blanket nap on a gorgeous day. 
For about 20 mins:). Then the grass persuaded her to play.
So much love!
We met the Heusers for a lil walk and farmers market jaunt last weekend too. Owen loved their dogs and onyx was a great sport letting O walk him. 

Owen has been going out to public yet not super kid populated places. We are easing our way back into the germ zone. Behind the cafe in coloma is a field with picnic tables and a fire pit. After breakfast with Kim & Austin we stuck around for another hour.
I fed Arabelle and O just had a great old time with his cars, dirt, and the sound of the river in the background.
Quinoa, gogi berry breakfast cereal and coffee for a special treat.
Owen even tried a few bites of his pre-jellied toast. He usually gags at the sight of some gooey thing but he picked it up and had some nibbles. 
We had another river walk and morning with laurel. We had Been trying to see each other for a year every time she came into town. This time it just worked out and we sat by the slowly rising river as Owen fished with his bare hands... He was busy fishing for quite a while!
Memorial Day we met up at the aubins and ara swam for the first time. Did I mention that that weekend Chris was gone on a dudes trip for 4 days/ 3 nights? He had a great time out in the desert, a good break from all the baby bliss here. 
Uncle Brian and Elise reviewing her novel she wrote. 

These few weeks have been demanding on both of us with prepping for Chris's trip, then him being gone, then me prepping for a trip to sf for a conference, and Chris's uncle passing away. Today is the service to honor uncle Jim.
















3 comments:

Heidi Ann said...

What a nice post. I always love seeing all of your pictures! I'm sorry to hear about Uncle Jim.

Winn Family said...

Great pictures! Love the one of Ara and Laurel, I've known her since we were babies smaller than Ara. xoxo

The Brittons said...

Mikia, love that! I wish we all knew each other from the womb but we know each other now. Also would like to live on the same property, one big crazy commune, ha! BIG love to you!