Top Topics

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Garden 2014

The last 2 years we have not done the big big BIG garden. I sure miss it, but we have our hands full with the littles sometimes walking across the property to feed the farm animals with the two of them is more than enough work!

So Chris created my nap garden. He and his dad built the raised beds 2 years ago. I named it the nap garden as I can safely garden while kids are napping. If only I could nap IN the nap garden, that would be quite perfect! For the record, Ara napped 2 hours today (rare, but becoming less rare!), Owen 2 hours, and me 1 hour. 1 hour, in bed, in the middle of the day, some of it asleep! Wahooooo baby!


The hollyhocks are just whimsical! They are in the corners of each bed and tower over my head.


Chokes I planted 2 years ago. They were 6 inches, and now, about 5 feet!

Can't wait to harvest and eat!

My new raised bed by the others for mothers day. (HMD= happy mother's day).

My handy hubs
Mother's day has been our usual day of planting. It was a hot week, but has cooled a bit to allow the plants to adapt a bit to their new home. Photos soon of the new inhabitants of the bed. 



No comments: