Top Topics

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Shannon's wedding road trip

I was asked to be in Shannon's wedding 2 years ago... They decided to put the wedding off a year which meant I was going to be pregnant at their wedding. And yes I for sure was! About 34 weeks to be exact! 

It was decided that we would drive the hybrid down there, to Fallbrook (about 20mins from Oceanside). About 550 miles from home. 

The ride down was a bit rough, I started having Braxton hicks contractions (supposedly primer contractions). I didn't have them with Owen until 38 weeks but they are very common. 

We made it about midnight Friday night. Owen was to stay with the Brittons fri-sun and then come home with Amanda and josh who were keeping down the homestead. We really appreciate our Owen and house sitters! He had a blast, even orchestrated a sleep over at mamas with Mat!

Saturday am we had some time and allotted it to be spent with the Cloutiers. We drove the short drive to their home and checked it out. Dan works at camp Pendleton and Erika is studying and working at Chiccos. We went to brunch and had a great catch up with them. We even walked to the beach and put our toes in the pacific.

It was sooooo humid down there... Which I guess it never is... But yipes. After our fun morning I needed to lay in bed and hydrate and rest up for the other festivities. 

Shannon and her family came to our hotel while I was still laying in bed taking it easy. We got ready for dinner and met them at Estrella's. I could have eaten the whole basket of chips to myself but I shared!

Back to the hotel for some candy bar preparations and stuffing cookie boxes. Yes our room was the home to many many pounds of candy and 125 cookies! Chris sampled his share that night and we all had some good laughs. 

We enjoyed sleeping as free as you can feel, not listening for any child noises or anything! Sometimes at home I think I hear Owen saying mommy even when he's not. Funny how being far away just takes that responsibility out of the equation! I think I even turned my phone off 1 or 2 nights... That's what grandparents are for, right!!?

Wedding day! Went to the store to make a fun snack basket for the day, then met up with Shannon at her hotel. She was getting her hair and makeup done. 

I just took it easy knowing that in a few hours I would be squeezing into a dress and 4 inch heels. That has been giving me some anxiety for a while now. Not real anxiety, just first world problems, ya know?!

We got ready, packed up, and dropped her off at the bridal suite at the venue. What a beautiful place! The grand tradition, so gorgeous, reserved only for weddings! 

Packed up the candy bar stuff, Shannon's dress, and cookies, and we were off to do final touches and relax.

Chris met back up with Dan and Erika that day and did some sight seeing at the USS midway. They had a quick but great tour!

We got some pictures taken before the wedding and then the ceremony was underway. I didn't fall or pass out. It was such a gorgeous place the waterfall was just perfect set behind us. The bride of course looked gorgeous. Everything went so smooth, I guess having 2 years to plan it, plus a designer and coordinator makes a difference!

The food was so good and we danced quite a bit. Loved the music, candy bar, and good times. Thank you for having me in your wedding!









No comments: