Top Topics

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Nesting times Two

Chris has been working hard around here. The outlets are now working in the kitchen!! I brewed and toasted and blended IN the kitchen yesterday!!! Big news:).

The garage has been emptied & cleaned, sheds cleaned, animals stocked up for a few weeks with hay and feed, and Ara's room tasks completed. 

All that is left on his honey do list is to air up my exercise ball/ birth ball. 

We have been having so much fun with Owen... Daily dance parties, evening wagon rides, lots of playing and house neglect, it has been really wonderful to have some quality family time prior to the arrival of another bambino.

I've been nesting as well... Cooking... Canning... Cleaning... Not so much after 8pm... Ill nap when Owen naps then get a project done depending on how long his dreams last. 

Outlets are in and working! Wahooo!!!
I had a lasagna making hourish the other day. 2 of my friends have had babies recently, so they got one, and the rest went into the deep freezer for us to have easy meals as well.
I've been making one strong (little) cup of turkish coffee some days... YUM! Also sewed Ara's curtains. They still need some work as my measurements were a little short.
Dehydrated peaches for Owen (and us). His food aversion continues, but he will eat dried fruits. This week he has opened up to our heirloom purple green beans. He has probably eaten 10 of them! Success!
I have been craving my Grandma's caramel corn since last Fall... But we did not have a working oven until June of this year. So I went for it. Oh the butter stomach aches were worth it!
My new machine (birthday gift) makes many stitches. My old machine did 3.
An evening stroll with my boys.
My helpful gardner looking for frogs.
Yesterday's nap project. Our neighbor dropped off ~15 pounds of tomatoes so I pureed half, and blanched the other half. I added sage and basil from the garden and simmered for an hour. Got the pressure canner out and added lemon juice to each jar (always better safe than sorry!). Pressure canned at 11 pounds of pressure for 15 minutes.
Owen and I had a blast yesterday at a park, the fall leaves were so fun for him to explore and play with. LOVE this boy. That smile gets me every time!


No comments: