Top Topics

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas #2


We decided to have our first Christmas on Christmas Eve. This was a tradition that I had growing up with my immediate family. I worked hard the night before to clean the house, make waffle batter, and get ready for the fun ahead. I did a last minute shopping trip that week to purchase new jammies for us all. We each had blue jammies this year and we got to wear them the night before. Owen's jammies did only last a little while, as he almost always spews his breakfast all over them. "Old Faithful" is my new nickname for him--he can shoot almost 3 feet out... poor guy... Anyway, we had fun opening gifts, and then onto breakfast. Chris made the bacon, I juiced oranges and carrots, and made some yummy blueberry waffles. We enjoyed hot cocoa and each other's company. It seemed like forever since we had been home as a family. Chris ended up taking a class on 2 of his days off so it seems like he hadn't been home in a week. We were so tired but so happy to be together us 3.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This warms my heart to hear about such special family time! Thanks for the smile and the picture of your cutie pie. Cute jammies!

Jessica said...

he's adorable!

Unknown said...

Just got the birth announcement in the mail. Thank you so much! I will be following Owen's progress now. Best wishes in the New Year and sending warm thoughts your way!!