Top Topics

Monday, December 13, 2010

Friends and Family

Owen and I had a speech therapy appointment and got to see Tish and her son Christian. Tish and I worked together at Cafe Bernardo's and have been buds since. That was in 2001, wow how time passes. I remember when Christian was born, visiting them in the hospital, doesn't seem like that long ago. Now she is expecting #3 in February.
Went on an outing to High Hand Nursery in Loomis to celebrate Wynter's 30th birthday!! Couldn't resist the outing, admittedly it was quite a stretch...Driving to Loomis, in the rain, by myself, to a restaurant (which is technically off limits due to germies). But I really felt that the benefit outweighed the risks. It is really good for him to get out on little excursions here and there and interact with other people on a semi-regular basis. Owen was amazing, and slept on the way there, and the way home. I have a flashlight to safely glance back at him when it is dark, because those mirrors don't help if it's dark outside! It was a beautiful night in the nursery, with lights in trees, lanterns hanging, and fire pits. The food was pretty good, and the company was better. Happy Happy birthday Wynt, I hope you had a great one!
Iselin and I met up for a walk on the trail in Folsom. This is one of my favorite things to do when Owen and I are just hanging out at home. We will go for walks/jogs around our house. But getting out and going somewhere else is great. It is getting out, but also not hanging out somewhere where people are coughing or threatening us with their bugs. Can you tell we are a little careful about Owen's exposure? It was a beautiful day, and the boys enjoyed the walk also.
Best bud Evan and Erika and Jeremy hanging out. Erika and I grew our boys together, ha! We would swim together towards the end of our pregnancies.
So blessed to have wonderful family and friends. How many times can I say it? It never wears out for me!

No comments: