Top Topics

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Fun day for Momma

I couldn't get these pics in the right order, and for lack of time I am keeping them this way!In the evening I went to my momma's group halloween party. This was an elaborate get together with cocktails, mocktails, halloween history, a raffle, good eats, and even a craft! I should have taken a picture of the invite, but it was on burned paper, bound with sticks like a scroll, sealed with red wax and a skull! It was awesome and I am stoked to be a part of this group! Thank you Joanne for all of your hard work!
Stefanie and I sporting our Halloween/Fall headband craft.
Janet and Owen. Owen kept falling asleep on her--he must have known her history with her triplets.

Well yesterday was a big and very fun day for me! Sheila, Karen, Linda and Janet (Some of the RD's from Mercy) came over to meet Owen and see me! They brought homemade lunch fare- Bobby Flay potato salad, asian lettuce wraps, Dilly bread, and ginger cake. It was so great to see them-it had been since June!! Owen greeted the ladies with a projectile vomit- soiling his overalls. Oh well, that's what laundry is for! We walked down to the ruins of the garden, gathered eggs, and even took Blue with us. It was nice to have so many extra hands to do what I normally do by myself! It was a perfect blustery fall day but the rain stopped for our garden expedition. Jamie also came over with her baby Bunk (dog), soo good to see you too Jame! Miss you much lady! Thank you all so much for coming over--and the food---dilly bread is GONE! I ate it through the night while pumping... 500 extra calories a day for breastfeeding, right?!

Halloween plans--make carmel corn, go for a walk, and dress Owen up in multiple costumes. Of course take many many pictures! Chris is working so that he can have next weekend off and I am having Jac over. Plan to carve pumpkins tomorrow with Chris.

Owen is up to 11# 7 ounces today! Yay! He had a few days where he just was staying the same so we changed it up a bit and he's gaining well. Only appointment for next week is with a lactation consultant. I'm trying to figure out what is best for little man- should we change over to bottles and see if that is easier for him? Who knows, I sometimes wish he could talk to tell us what he wants! We will see if they have more tips for us, it will be our first trip to Sacramento alone...

No comments: