Top Topics

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Been a while!

So a girlfriend sent me a message yesterday...Blog update please! Had no idea it had been a week or that people were still checking regularly (yay!). I don't know what was going on with my blogger account but I was unable to view updates on baby Paxton. I have been able to now, and he is doing well after his procedure. He not only had the Glenn procedure but the cone procedure as well that is reconstruction of the tricuspid valve using his own tissue. We have researched this procedure and very few surgeons do it... So glad he is doing well and it may be his last surgery at least for a while!! Okay, a random transition now to what we have been up to!! I have harvested over 400 roma tomatoes this season. I sliced and froze these for pizzas. For the tomato sauce everything was from the garden except the garlic and onions...I planted garlic yesterday! I like to use anything we have...grated zucchini, pureed carrots, chopped kale...Hopefully I can make 100% garden tomato sauce next year.
This was one harvest of 23# of tomatoes.
Thank goodness for freezer space! We actually are out of that though! Between all of my breastmilk, garden preserving, and recently purchasing some grass fed beef, we have 2 regular sized freezers full as well as the deep freeze. This is actually a good thing--as soon as people start getting sick, Owen and I will be keeping it real on the home front. That is why we are doing a little big of gallivanting these days.
Chris traded shifts and ended up doing 4 12 hour days in a row....He said he would have slept in the parking lot if he had a camper shell. I found him sleeping in the den in a sleeping bag! Owen and I had lots of time for dress up. This was facilitated by the fact that he likes to go through many outfits/day. He picked out this tractor outfit...hoping to get a tractor ride in the spring!
He was just cuddled up supervising me folding laundry. He is particular! "Sharper corners, Mom!"
Aunt Kim came over and hung out with Owen. She hadn't seen him since the day of our voyage home with Owen from UCSF (8/30). She picked up a prescription for Owen since we were trying to leave the city ASAP! Good times were had!
Owen and I got out to that Jahangiri's. We enjoyed a fantastic lunch- chicken and spinach mmmmmm. Owen got to meet Michael and hopes to meet Aiden at the next visit. Sayna and family were very avid blog followers and supporters.


Blue finally went to the groomers and got a nice bath and trim. She also got a dorky ponytail that we took out after a few silly pics. We are thinking of contacting Cesar Milan (aka the dog whisperer) as Blue has regressed since Arthur has passed. Chris thinks that she needs an alpha dog. She does not want to go outside...we have to life or drag her outside almost every time... She is 70 pounds and with those cement feet is isn't the easiest task...It is kinda weird. She does love Owen, and follows us from room to room. Also if we have visitors she will get in between Owen and the visitor in a sweet yet protective way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are my hero, super mom! Owen is such a big boy, I need to come see him again soon!

The Winn Family said...

Yay for the update! So glad you guys are doing well. -Mikia