Top Topics

Sunday, October 3, 2010

A day in my life

Mom couldn't find me the other day and she came into my room freaking out. I was just trying on some clothes and reading--no big deal.What do I do all day??? Here is an idea...
0030 wake up with gas and hunger. If calm, mom will weigh me to estimate how much breastmilk I eat. I breastfeed for 5-10minutes, weigh again, get changed, go back to bed easily and receive fortified breastmilk while sleeping.
0400 I wake up with gas and or hunger. I breastfeed for 5-10 minutes, get changed, smile at parents, go back to bed easily and receive fortified breastmilk while sleeping.
0700 same as above
1000 same as above but we move out to the living room and receive fortified breastmilk in bouncy chair, swing, or parent's arms. I usually fall back asleep about halfway through this feeding session for another cat nap.
1200 Happy time. I play with my toys, silently laugh at my parents, make gaa noises, and enjoy sucking on my hands
1300 meal ritual with catnap
1430 tummy time which can lead to catnap and parents flipping me over like a pancake...Why are they so paranoid?
1500 If mom is on her own and the day is not scorching hot we will go on a walk. She loads me up into the carrier and I will sleep as she walks for 30-60minutes around the neighborhood. We collect eggs, pick waist high veggies (she says it's hard to bend over with me on the front of her), and she goes up the driveway multiple times to get an even better workout. She tells me about all of this because I am sound asleep.
1600 meal ritual no catnap
1700 happy time/tummy time/awake time/I like to stare at my mobile and watch the animals go around. Mom and dad hope the classical music makes me smarter but I really like james taylor better.
1900 meal ritual
2000 possible bathtime. Bathtime is getting some re-vamping as I have had 2 pale weird episodes now. Mom and dad have learned that when I am mad DO NOT make me even more mad. DUH! Bath is not my favorite time because I still have to have sponge baths until my incision is completely healed over. It just doesn't feel so good...So I cry. Then my feeding tube needs to be re-taped almost every 2 days now and they thought the best time to do it was when I was already PO'ed...WRONG. So now I get a bath whenever I am happy and they change the tape at a different time when I least expect it. They are getting really fast at doing this together so that makes it less stressful.
2145 usually I fall asleep in my box bed between mom and dad about this time, regardless of when I am put in bed. If I am put in bed earlier, sometimes I will just relax and suck on my paci and think of how great this life I have is. Sometimes I will play a game on my parents and spit out the paci multiple times. When mom is on her own, I have been known to spit it out 8 times (why does she count?) They think they are so sneaky with the video cam monitor...it does make this game more fun because I look at the camera sometimes and make them laugh.

That is pretty much a home day in my life. I love my hands these days and even found my thumb yesterday. Dad makes me laugh sooo much when he says funny things like poo-poo. Mom tries to make me smile with all kinds of weird noises and songs, it works most of the time. I can hold my head up really well now which also is an adjustment for mom and dad. I'm still working on holding it up when I am laying on my tummy...I am going to be a little behind because I was on that breathing machine for 3 weeks...

There is also this large black hairy creature who always tries to lick me. Mom and Dad call it Blue but I'm just learning my colors and stuff, but I'm pretty sure it's black.

Oh yeah, I am gaining weight slowly but surely. These parents are pumping me up with calories. Sometimes they add fat to my feeds but it gives me gas. I think they have found a good balance, and when they don't give me enough I demand more. When they give me too much I vomit, but for the most part I keep it down and enjoy eating much more now. I have only had 2 bottles in 2 weeks with Dad so mom could go out into the world without me. She loves me so much but she also wants the boys to have some time together. We enjoy watching football and laughing.

Hope you are all well, I have been meeting more of you as we have been home longer. I'm not sure if my parents are going to have a welcome home party. They love to entertain but this may be quite the party--guess I'm pretty popular. Should maybe wait until I have some vaccinations... this week I think! Yikes..

Love and wet kisses from Owen
(information sent from Owen to Chels via child-mom telepathy)

4 comments:

The Schwartz Family said...

Love your days Owen! Hope you are enjoying your parents, they are pretty cool! :) Hope to see you soon buddy!

The Winn Family said...

LOVE this! So cute! Sounds like things are going great, so happy for you three! -Mikia

JulieBatiz said...

Thanks for reminding us Owen how fun and precious life is and to look at it through those rose colored glasses. (Don't tell your dad we used "rose" colored, not a guy thing) God bless you all and your prayer warriors are at work. Julie

Ashley & Kyle said...

OMG, I loved this! Oh, and so did Madison. She was on my lap when I read this and smiled and talked to Owen's picture. I'm pretty sure that means she wants to hang out with him again :)