Top Topics

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Fall days?!

Grandma, O and I at Apple Hill. Lots of good times, eats, and laughs.Enjoying the fall weather...NOT! I wanted to get the apple hill fall feeling but it was ~80degrees. Owen was a doll and just relaxed in the stroller. Not my smartest plan to go on a sunday, but we knew what to expect... It helped that grandma and I had a strict mission- arrive at 11, purchase lunch (to beat the crowds), purchase frozen pie, take to car, do a lap around crafts, enjoy lunch under the trees, hit up the fudge factory, take a few festive photos, and we were in the car getting Owen ready for his next feed by 1245. It was most enjoyable and I had the cover over the stroller most of the time but Owen was happy as can be.
Owen is holding his head up very well these days with the prop of the boppy pillow. When he is totally flat he doesn't know what to do with his arms so he just lies there on his tummy and can move his head side to side but not up. The nasogastric tube doesn't help rubbing flat on his face either.
Owen finally got to meet Elise! She had a stuffy nose at another time when they were going to meet up before. It was a great day for the girls to come up. Uncle Chris took them on a nature walk and Wynt and I hung out with Owen. Note Elise's upside-down crown. What a big girl!!
Chris wanted to go jogging the other day so I pounced on that idea! Lotus is so gorgeous and it is the best through the week. We debated...to take Blue or not to take Blue...but we did and she did well. I had a theory that she would bow-out before Chris and I was right. So they went to the river and she swam while Owen and I did another few laps.
We are LOVING every single MINUTE of being HOME!!! Owen's weight today was up to 10# 10 ounces for all of you counting his ounces along with us. His growth since the first week after being home has been fairly normal, but he is still catching up. I am measuring his head circumference and everything and that grew 1/2 inch in a week. What a brainiac!! I am cheating right now and feeding him without waking him up. I haven't done that yet, but his schedule recently has been a little off where he doesn't feed right before he is ready for bed. So he's getting his full volume via nasogastric tube while dreaming...

Many thanks to the continued support of our love (Owen). I keep checking in on Paxton (the other little boy who had surgery planned for 10/6) but the blog has not been updated. Him and his parents continue to be in our thoughts daily.



2 comments:

Ashley & Kyle said...

Aren't those boppy pillows amazing?! Owen just looked absolutely adorable holding his little head up! So, I'm forwarding this blog site to some distant family members in Oklahoma who just had a baby with some similar heart problems as Owen and I thought it might help them to read how you guys cope with all the stress and how well you're all doing. All 3 of you are so inspiring!! So, if you have random people from Oklahoma contact you, it is because of me :)

The Brittons said...

Sounds great! You can give them my email also Chelsea.britton@yahoo.com. Hope to see you soonly!