Top Topics

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy 4th, Elly Rain!

Elly Rain, Jay and Mat's oldest also had a birthday celebration in late March. (What was everyone doing in the hot summer months of June and July?? hmm?? She got some very special pets for her birthday, two rats named Lily and Jasmine. Well I am absolutely the worlds least fan of rats but I can say that they were tolerable from a distance when secure in the person who was holding them's hands..... eek!
My old old buds, Jay and I have been best friends since 6th grade READ 11-12 years old when we were the only ones who didn't have "best friends". Can you imagine if either of us already had one, and we would have missed out on such a blessed thing! Tony (left) has also been a fantastic friend through the years, and ironically, knew Chris and I separatley in junior high and high school through football (Small world up in Placerville, you know?) Tony is now in his 3rd semester of nursing school and we wish him the absolute best. Jason has also been a wonderful friend since 7th ish grade, always providing a laugh and having that wit that just makes you smile thinking about it! What a great gathering. Hope to see more of you all soon!

5 comments:

laurel said...

hmm... I don't think I've had a best friend in at least 15 years. Maybe there's a real good one waitin out there for me somewhere.

The Brittons said...

Laurel, How are you?? I have been wanting to contact you! We are buying a home out in your neck of the woods. (Lotus area) Can't wait to be closer. Of course you can come to the next card party, hopefully at a new address!
-Chels

KS Petty said...

these pictures solidify the passage of time. it is both simultaneously sad and beautiful.

:)

laurel said...

Yay! Awesome! I'm doing well. I would definately love to see you soon. 1 month more of school till summer! Is Mr. P Mr. Kyle Petty by any chance? I can't see him very well...

The Brittons said...

Yes, That is Mr. P Kyle Petty!