Top Topics

Friday, October 10, 2014

So cal vacation Part 3

Even though Chris and I woke up the day after disney with "disney fever" we decided to do a different park. Owen has always been into animals, and he has enjoyed the local Folsom Zoo on a few occasions...He hasn't been to Sac Zoo yet, that's on the list. I hadn't been to SD Zoo either, so we thought it would be a great event for the Britton 4. The rest of the crew stayed back at the timeshares for some R&R. 
 I can't say that I love zoos. They really do make me sad. When I go I really have to take a moment and energetically divert my admission ticket cost to a great cause like a special dinner, a romp around the park, or something that brings the animals some for of enrichment. This guy stole my heart, had a few good staring matches with him.


 Ara was once again a trooper! She enjoyed the stroller, then the ergo (baby wearer contraption) for most of the trip! Breastfeeding while in the ergo also kept her happy and calm. It was a perfect morning!
 SD zoo is huge! We walked about 4 miles in 4 hours. Owen walked about 1/3 of the time! He did so great, he was fueled by his love for animals.
 Nice grill, hippo! O was a little nervous standing so close to the glass.
 He especially loved the long necked turtles.
 "I'm sticking my tongue out like the giraffe's" -Owen
 Family portrait with sleeping sis.
 Owen's favorites were the flamingos and the Tapir.
 My boys really taking it all in.

 Love this photo. Owen has changed from a chubby cheeked-doctors-appointments-every-week-tube-fed baby to a curious-happy-adventurer-creative-giggling-eating boy!

 He doesn't know what to do with his hands these days.
 Some super awesome and awkward poses happening daily over here.
The SD Zoo was fantastic. We walked a lot, saw almost all the animals, heard a lion roar, tailed a peacock, and reveled in the beauty of nature and the precious and endangered animals.

No comments: