Top Topics

Friday, October 31, 2014

Leaves are falling

we went on a rainy excursion the other day to get some pumpkins. We are anti-crowd so that worked in our favor... But the rain posed a challenge for photo-ops and kids staying warm and dry. It was one of those adventures where it is pure madness, kids were soaked, cold, but we were happy to be out in the conditions, enjoying our surrounding area's offerings. Plus the hot cider was perfection!
 O had fun driving the bus, this kid cracks us up.
 Sis and the giant pumpkin... she is following basic commands... Let's go stand by the pumpkin, let's dance, etc.
 Our lil punkin is now running... and pretty stealth. She will sneak outside if the door is cracked open...Yikes!
 Spidey kid out front of his school yesterday
 Country Days preschool party
 Diggin for bones in the sandbox
 My zinnias are in their prime, next year I'm planting more and more... Already dreaming about the big garden and what we are going to do... I would love to fill the 100 x 50 space completely with zinnias...Wouldn't that be amazing!!
 Mums from the store are thriving as well.



O has been a tongue sticker outer since the SD zoo and the giraffe exhibit.
 Hours are spent on the deck, in the sandbox, out on the property a day. We do leave at times, but I still rarely feel homebound. There is too much to do around here. I've also been on an even bigger decluttering kick than normal, so I'm constantly cycling toys, clothes, etc. How do we accumulate so much stuff? The kids stay pretty entertained between dumping sand and digging in the dirt.


 I'm always attempting to stage a photo, Chris and Owen painted and created the minion pumpkin.
 My sweeties!



 Ara tries to help down by the barn. She really MUST be right where brother is, chasing him, wanting to ride the jeep power wheels, wanting to pet the chickens "Tick tick tick" she says, trying to tickle them.
And this. We are a few weeks into a rough patch with little sleep... Owen has been waking at night 1-2 times, crying for various things, and then usually when he falls back asleep sis wakes up. Chris and I haven't had any solid sleep from 3am on for days... I just keep looking at this photo when I'm feeling depleted, and it fills me up. Of course I look to my actual kids as well but sometimes you're so "in it"- wiping boogers, helping open up the baby gate, fixing meals, washing hands, all 10 times per day that it's easy to just keep running, keep moving, and not stop and enjoy the moment. Sometimes we take care of them more than enjoy and play. I was talking with my Aunt about this, sometimes as caregivers we are doing more care than actual playing, enjoying, being with our kids or anyone who needs additional care. It's tricky!  Here's to a little more energetic focus on play.

No comments: