Top Topics

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Out of town visitors

My grandma has been having a rough time lately. She has moved in with my aunt and uncle and has become pretty frail. Family came out the last 2 weeks to visit with her. The bonus was we got many visits in as well. I'm pretty certain we attended 5 large family dinners within 1.5 weeks, and my kids were out and about past 8 on many of those nights getting special visits in. I also got to meet my second cousin Ellen, who is 6 already!! It was so special, and I'm positive all of the visitors were very glad they came from TN. 
These two sweeties have a special bond. Ara also really wants to wrestle and attack her to show her love and affection.
The boys hanging by the grill. Uncle Brian BBQ ed some awesome chicken and we had baked potatoes and a boatload of fruits and veggies!
Ellen and Owen had quite a blast together, playing pool, animals, and ping pong at grandmas.
Cousin bed! I remember making a fort with that top blanket when I was a kid! 
Cousins coloring at aubins home while the adults enjoyed pizza oven delights.

Pumpkin muffins with browned butter frosting... Nuf said! Wynt is quite a whiz in the kitchen.
Sadly no after photos, but the dough transformed into delectible edibles!
Ellen loved giving the chickens scratch. 
It was fun to watch these two jumping off Owen's regular rock spot. Owen took Ellen around the property to all his play areas. 
The Shelton family! What fun family we have. I haven't seen Candyce since she was out for gramps funeral 5 years ago! She would come out every summer growing up for a while and we were the best of friends. We always had hilarious times, giddy and goofy girls we were, and are!
It was also great to get to know Andy better. I met him 10 years ago, then went to their wedding about the same time, and that was that. He really had fun on Owen's mountain, cracking us up!!
We went to coloma gold rush yesterday for a couple hours. We enjoy this event as the coloma area is set up like a working town, with a bank, shops, bath, etc. The sarsaparilla was so tasty!
These two! 

Grammy is such a special woman, such an amazing part of our family. She is my last grandparent and I'm so grateful to have had so many formative experiences and fun memories with her. She hasn't had an easy time lately but hopefully her daily energy and wellness will improve. 






2 comments:

Heidi Ann said...

This is such a sweet post, Chelsea. I'm sorry your Grandma isn't doing well. I simply MUST try to get over there for a visit! I am so glad that your family was able to get together like that, it all sounds quite wonderful - but then, it should be nothing less - because you are ALL such wonderful people! Love you.

lorlore said...

How nice to have everyone together!!! Fun Memories!!!! Give Nita a hug and kiss from me!!!!
I hope she is improving!!!