Top Topics

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Ties or Tutus?

Since I wanted to wait to find out the sex of baby #2 and Chris wanted to find out I wanted to find out in a fun and creative way. Also with all the stress with Owen's 19 week ultrasound it gave me something to plan for and distract me from the stress over this kiddo's ultrasound. Thankfully the heart and other organs looked great and the envelope was brought home and hidden (from Chris) with the gender results inside.

So the "in" thing to do these days is a gender reveal party. I have never been to one. It is basically a reason to have a party and all celebrate a healthy baby and find out the sex at the same time. I really just wanted to see my dad wear a tutu. Ha! And I did! Most of our family was able to be there and we tried to keep it small. Immediate family is close to 20, we are so blessed!

Owen's babysitter Savannah is also a photographer and she worked that night for us so I didn't need to have a camera in hand the whole time. I did take a few photos so here are some of mine until I can get my hands on hers.


 I made little ties and tutus for random toys of Owen's.
 Chris's sister Amanda is quite a baker and made two cakes pink and blue on the inside as well with homemade fondant....MMMM!
 Homemade tutus for adults to wear! Green envelope (sealed) hanging from the tree! Oh the temptation!
 Tried to find wines that went along with a baby theme: Middle sister, Naked, Barefoot.
 Owen impatiently waiting the results!
Girl! A very fun and successful party and we have a healthy girl cooking! This pregnancy has been different so it made sense to me that the baby was a different gender. Chris, Owen, and I wore tutus and the guests were exactly split down the middle half thinking ties and half voting tutus.

Here's to a continued healthy pregnancy and baby Due October 17th. 21 weeks pregnant today! Feeling pretty good, especially since the kitchen is pretty much done!

1 comment:

Winn Family said...

Your kitchen is BEAUTIFUL and I am SO excited to meet baby GIRL Britton! Congratulations!!!