Top Topics

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Ties or Tutus Party revisited with Photog's pics

Ok here is an insane amount of photos from our photographer/babysitter/starbucks drink maker Savannah Hayes. She is moving to Santa Cruz next month (sad...) so her services in the area will be limited. She has been wonderful for our family to have for Owen care and memory preserving.
 Cousins playing in the dirt
 Lemon/limeade
 Sweet Elise
 Zero-waste drinks (pepsi crate has canning jars with chalkboard paint on them for parties to reuse). Glass containers used for most drinks.
 Uncle Brian trying to tie a tie
 My sissies both wore ties
 Lotsa tutus to choose from
 The sweet Aubin 5
 The ominous envelope hanging on the deck
 Yup. My dad in a tutu drinking a beer. AWESOME!
 We were voting tutu all the way!
 From my previous post I mentioned cooking as soon as the oven was plugged in.. around 12... dinner at 5... Made barefoot contessa foolproof barbecue sauce and ribs, barefoot contessa angelhair with basil and tomatoes, and cupcakes. Everything turned out well and I'm glad I baked some old food first to get the new oven smell out of the house and food.
 Bow- tie cupcakes
 Owen voted tutu as well!
 What a great evening
 Court did a really cute game involving old wives tales and pregnancy. The old wives tally and random questions and tests pointed to tutu as well!

 The different old wives tales from my intuition to Chris gaining weight were discussed. (he hasn't gained weight since he was 15 btw!)
 Moment of truth!
 Getting so excited
 Anticipation
 Envelope within an envelope
 We can see the results
 Wahoo!
 GIRL!
 STOKED and SHOCKED!
 All so excited

 So much fun!
 Niece Zoey chilling excited to meet her BFF in October
What a fun way to ring in another kiddo and show off our kitchen. We are thrilled this baby is healthy and even though I felt strongly it was a girl I am so used to a boy! My nieces have been my girls so now I get one of my own. I am kind of a tomboy and have been resistant to all the pink, purple, etc. But there are some pretty cute things out there...I saw some red cowgirl boots on tv last night and thought "I must have those." this could be dangerous...

One last shoutout to our genetic counsellor Johanna (whose services we don't need anymore, yay!) for making our gender reveal envelope and experience so wonderful! The sweet "It's a Girl" card is going in a frame soon.

No comments: