Top Topics

Sunday, January 16, 2011

First Harvest

Pictured below is an amazing little man. He is 6 months old today! We have had quite the ride, yes we have. Chris went off to work today and Owen and I held the fort. We waited until the fog burned off and went to Lotus Park. I am doing a 10K on the 23rd and have been running in preparation. Owen is a great running partner, as long as he has something to put in his mouth. He loves his hands/thumbs/fingers combo but will also enjoy a variety of toys, squishy things, wet bibs, towels, you catch my drift.

Home life has been wonderful yet hard. We have not really been sleeping much since December...Sometime... Teething...fussy...gassy...paci wanting...who knows...Hungry? We pump him full through the day literally of food so that is unlikely...Although we do enjoy our nightly breastfeeding session. That is the only time he will consistently breastfeed so we are rocking it!
The wonderful part of home life comes from not working, devoting my time to my boys, and just having fun loving them! Getting to spend 24/7 (almost!) with Owen is such a joy, I couldn't imagine another way to be living my life right now. The hard part is the sleep deprivation. I have become a light sleeper, teamed with Owen's restlessness...We moved him out of our room 2 nights ago in an effort to see if that would improve all of our sleeping situations. We do have a twin bed air mattress set up in the den for those treasured 11-4 or 5 am nights that I have slept in there! Or for when Chris is working and needs a good nights sleep. So, to make a long story longer (is anyone really reading this?!) Chris and I have slept in our bedroom alone the last 2 nights! We have the monitor on of course, since we are feeding Owen while asleep. That way we can hear him if he has a gag/vomit session. The last week has been pretty great as far as that goes, but the last 2 mornings notsomuch... Between Owen and I we have pulled his tube out a few times this last week. I tend to be a little more klutsy when so tired...there is a pattern there...

Just had a minute before setting up his sneak feed ( 7 ounces over 2.5hours while asleep), pumping, and then heading off to bed myself... Wanted to share this delectable delight of a harvest-our little 6 month old trooper! He tried these carrots today, and did pretty well. That is the sweetest thing I have given him poor boy! The strict RD in me has only given him rice cereal and peas. I should be nicer and give him bananas or pears or something...We'll get there!

Also note the moose on his shirt! His nickname still sticks, although Chris and I call him mouse at times, he does not eat like a moose anymore. He did take 80mls today, which I don't think he's done since November! Such a silly boy, the other feeds he took 10-15mls....The stars must not have been aligned!
Happy ides of January to you all, and off to start that feed.

2 comments:

Rudy said...

Missing you guys! Owen is such a doll and getting so grown up!

KS Petty said...

yes, we are reading!