Top Topics

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Power out...

As you know, there have been a series of cold winter storms blowing through here. Last winter we lost power 4 times, and used the generator each time to keep the fridge going, and cook a little. The generator also can fuel our propane fireplace. I woke up the other morning (on a calm, cold, and sunnier day) to a cold house. I turned the heat up, put Owen in his chair, and sat down to pump. My pump didn't come on...and I realized it was quiet.... no heat on in the house...Yes, the power went out... I called PG and E and reported it, guess it had been out for an hour. Our house was down to 65 degrees... Stalled a little, wrapped O in a warm blankie, and then woke Chris up to set up the generator. He needed a little help so I went out for 2 seconds to the garage, and when I came back in, Owen had pulled his tube out.. and part of his cheek...he was bleeding a bit. It was the same tube he had had in since Halloween, so it actually was due for a switch. So once the fireplace was on, Chris and I decided to replace it. His poor cheek has been soo irritated from the glue and the patch, you know how sensitive babies skin is. We wanted to give him a break but his meds were due so we replaced the tube on the other side.Jamie and her sister Nicola stopped by on their way to Apple Hill. They brought friends for Blue, Lucca and Bunk to play.
A no tube-pic! Too bad they are all with one red cheek..It is his trademark! He is rolling over now, from his stomach to his back. It is pretty neat to see him moving around better! Look at that little smirk!

2 comments:

Rudy said...

Oh my heavens! What a doll! He's so cute!

Jessica said...

aaaahhhh! He's so cute! Love the little smile!