Top Topics

Monday, June 23, 2014

Zombies happen... Are all parents Zombies? Do any kids sleep well?

We had a quieter week here, as the celebrations waned. Ara decided to grow out of her magical sleep suit and she has been sleeping (not sleeping) poorly as she rolls over, sits up, and cries her eyes out. I go into her room a minute or two or three later (not really counting or paying attention to time these days), rock her or feed her, or lay her back down. Sometimes that lasts and sometimes it doesn't. This is new to me. With Owen he was so swaddled to keep his tube in that he didn't roll in bed ever. This too shall pass. This too shall pass. Please more zzz's. Some moments I think that we really adapt to very very little sleep, then other days I really wonder if I am using the right words, times, details, ya know? I try to yield to Chris's sleep schedule if at all possible as he has a very important job where words, times, details matter at work.
 Ara and Tracy and the awesome blooming artichokes
 My baby and I snuggling on the property
O racing down "his mountain". He plays on the large mound of dirt when I let the chickens out.

Happy Father's Day dinner with my pops!

No comments: