Top Topics

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Game face

I have for sure been in a funk... sleep deprived, emotional, hormonal, overwhelmed, and overworked. The overworked is kind of a joke, as my week last week went from my usual 8 hours to 20, ha! I had an influx of private clients, a feeding therapy client, and some contract work to complete. I love all my job dabbling but with a few extra items on my plate, and a few less zzz's this past week has been a bit crazy. Every morning chris was off he was watching the babes so I could fit in extra hours, what an awesome dad and partner.

This is post isn't about a pity party I'm throwing over here, but a written statement claiming my change of status, de-funking myself right here and now. Everyone has a busy life, commitments, work, family, errands. I know that. Sometimes it's just too much. I've had mAny offers to help us out, and I'm not sure what we need.

So the funk is over, regardless of hours of sleep, hours worked, to do lists to complete, or social opportunities missed. The funk is over because there are bigger things on the horizon. Of course that is the main source of the funk itself, but why continue to worry and dread? It has to happen and it's going to happen. It's the right decision and we are well equipped to handle what comes.

Here....I.... go..... reset! Funk begone!

2 comments:

Heidi Ann said...

I don't know HOW you are doing it all, Chels - but the fact remains that you ARE doing it. Working and coping and just plain dealing with it - all of it, funk included. And I like your post, and I am proud of you, and I say BRAVO, girl!

Winn Family said...

You and Chris are rock stars! You'll get through this as Team Britton, the way you've handled all other challenges that have come your way over these past few years (and always). With that being said, I have always found it helpful too to hit a reset button every now and then. Hope you're coping, and know that your family is so loved and positive thoughts are being sent in your direction from about a thousand different places right now. xoxoxo