Top Topics

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Jac's Shower

So the story on Jac is... We were roommates back in the day and she didn't have any sibs. Since she was/is pretty awesome I have adopted her as my sis. That's the best way to describe her. She is just wonderful, and expecting a baby late April/Early March. Pictured with my blood sisters Court and Wynt.
All of us! LOVE!
 Jac and I have been obsessed with the Ettore's fruit basket cake. She has a friend who just so happens to be a pastry chef. Jac sent her the picture of the cake, and just like that it magically appeared and tasted better than Ettores.
 Some early photos of Jac and Colin hung above the buffet at the beautiful Barthel home.
 Oh my, what's that? Clouds and raindrops? Yes, looks like a shower! We also hung umbrellas on the porch walkway but I didn't get any photos of that. Hopefully someone else did.
 "Thanks for dropping by" gumdrops for a sweet treat.
 Using a stencil made from the largest stickers I could find at the dollar store I cut out clouds. Using chalkboard spray paint I was able to create mini chalkboards for people to write their name on their cup. I have to say some clouds weren't coated enough with the paint. Also, in transit, the cups rubbed on one another so some of the chalk paint rubbed off. But I did make 48 of them, and I could only complete 4 at a time, plus they needed to dry for hours. It worked! Char my co-showerer bought the cute grey and yellow straws to accompany the jars.

Jac and Heather 

 Happy ladies!
Lots of love!

We had a wonderful time showering Jac and hanging with some awesome women!

No comments: