Top Topics

Thursday, February 7, 2013

It's Potato Time!

Yesterday Owen and I spent some time in the sun cutting potatoes. I cut and he put them in the different containers.

The varieties we are planting this year:

Purple Majesty
Fingerling
Red La Soda
Russet
Yukon Gold

All you do is chop them into pieces around the "eyes". It helps to purchase organic potatoes from the store, or ones from a nursery that haven't been sprayed. Although I think we have all had sprouted potatoes no matter what origin!

They are chopped, and between paper with some air circulation around them, at room temperature. The last 2 years I kept them in the garage and that just isn't room temp. I'm trying it inside this year and we will see how it goes.

Sure had fun with my mini gardener pal. Those purple majesty potatoes were so vibrant.
Here is the link from 2 years ago regarding potatoes.

No comments: