Top Topics

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Juneuary

We need rain. Bad. I have been watering my winter garden and that's just weird. I saw rain in the forecast for WEDNESDAY!!! WAHOOOOO!!!! It is scary to think about the seasonal problems that may happen with such a late winter.

January has already been moving very quickly. Owen is running now, and craving the outdoors just like his mama. He wakes, finds his shoes, finds me, sits down and throws his shoes by his feet for you to put them on him. Once on, he wiggles the door handle to go exploring. Turkey hunts, solar outdoor light installation, dirt playing, rock throwing, and tool finding are just a few morning activities we enjoy. Even bundled up, his lips turn a bit blue, but it never slows him down.

The irony of blogging is that so many things are bloggable, but sometimes documenting them, posting, etc, may take longer than the actual craft, activity, event, etc. My hats off to so many avid bloggers, it truly is a commitment. In the constant re-prioritizing of life, blogging sometimes goes by the wayside. I never stop taking pictures, or even thinking "this would be a great blog...".

I started work this week... I have been working at my "non job" as I have called it...A whopping 55 hours last year! That position was on-call Health Education RD teaching classes when people needed coverage. I recently have transferred into in-patient, with hopes of working around 2 days per week. Many shifts that I will work are between 4-6 hours, usually getting bumped up to 8 as needed. The position is still on-call which means no guaranteed hours, benefits, etc, but at least I have senority over one person...

Training this week was sure interesting. I have been working at home, overtime, for a long time, you know, the Owen job and all. But driving an hour, clocking in for 8, and driving back an hour+ was quite interesting. Initially I had 3 scheduled training days, but my trainer was so hopping this week I opted for another day. 32 hours this week, wahoo! I have missed the clinical realm of nutrition and am enjoying refreshing and brushing up on some topics that have been dormant in my brain.

So a salute to all the working Moms and Dads (yes a wide range of folks here), but it really takes a good team to make the week flow smoothly. Luckily Chris was off on 3/4 of the days so he was the home daddy. My mom is watching Owen on the other day this week so they will have a blast together.

Another career avenue right now, I am leading a Lap Band/ Gastric Bypass support group once a month on the second wednesday of each month. Last night the attendance was small. We are hoping to make this a success, so please contact me if you know of anyone who has had either the Lap or Bypass, and I would love to connect with them. It is free, and I am willing to give it a shot for another few months to see if attendance picks up. Group support is HUGE, and having an RD for an hour is a perk:).




No comments: