Top Topics

Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Word from UCSF

After our cardiologist told us we would be hearing from UCSF soon I was jumping every time my phone rang. It actually doesn't ring, it quacks, but still. When I heard the quacking, I was a running for it. A week went by, and then a few days, and we were getting impatient. So I shot "the Riv" an email and he responded in minutes, as he usually does.

He explained that his secretary had been out of town and that I should hear from UCSF that day or the next.

An hour later the cath schedule secretary called and gave us a few options for Owen's cath. We decided on 3/18, as Chris is off that weekend. He will be getting a heart cath only at this time, and then at a separate hospitalization, at an unknown date, surgery.

That is all that we know for now. I was grilling the secretary for more information but I am (im)patiently waiting the admission packet...

He is having a growth spurt, 1.5pounds this last month!! We are a little fearful that he has fluid retention, as he usually gains about a pound a month. He is still on his diuretic medicine .6ml once daily, but we have added about 6-8 ounces of fortified breastmilk daily. Hopefully this isn't causing fluid gain. Yesterday he was acting hungry every 2 hours~ although he didn't eat anything by mouth other than a few minutes of breastfeeding~ he tolerated the full feeds well.

No comments: