Top Topics

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Girls Trip!!

As previously mentioned, Wynt and Dave's Christmas gift was a night in SF. We went Feb 5-6 and if you can remember, the weather was GORGEOUS! It was in the 70's even in the city! What a perfect weekend for a get away. Wynter picked SF this year just in case we were down there with Owen. (Last year we went to Sausalito).We stopped in Berkeley for lunch at my favorite- Chez Panisse Cafe! It was a spur of the moment speed dial but they got us in an hour later. Wynter ordered lentil soup and a cardoon and potato salad. Court and Mom also shared the soup and a duck leg with butternut squash. I went out on a limb and ordered lamb. It was amazing. I had never had it before but it was so tasty. Of course we ordered dessert. One was a raspberry sorbet and hazelnut ice cream combo, and the other dessert was a apple/ huckleberry tart. MMMMMMMMMMM!

We shopped around some fun stores, crate and barrel outlet, anthropologie, and other fun Berkeley stores. But it was time for momma to pump! I pumped at 6am, 9am, and by the time we left Berkeley it was 3:30...I was uncomfortable to say the least.

Wynter was the chauffeur and I was the navigator. Mom and Court were in the backseat as we made our way over the bridge. As we got closer to the hotel Wynt was having flashbacks...Was this the same place we stayed in on our first girls getaway 4 years ago? She vowed never to stay there again, as it was on a very noisy street corner. It was the same hotel! The hotel itself was very nice, but the location was not peaceful to say the least!

We checked in and I ran for the nearest plug with pump in hand. Whew! There wasn't a fridge so I was prepared to pump and dump for the next 24 hours.

Then we attempted quiet time before dinner to rest and relax. It was practically impossible for us to be quiet... we tend to get giddy, silly, whatever you want to call it, when we are in close quarters. Guess we have a little bit of pre-schooler in us also, you always want to make noise when it's quiet time!

After our attempted quiet time we went down to the free wine hour in the lobby. We brought our glasses back up to a seating area and just lounged. It was pretty foreign to me...Didn't need to run to Owen's aid at the drop of a hat! Just worrying about myself was pretty odd... I had already exceeded my longest time away from Owen by now. (previously it was hospital days, then skiing, and now SF).

Got ready for dinner and went to First Crush. Court secured our reservations online but when we got there they had no record of us... Luckily they could get us in anyways. After another yummy dinner we walked back to the hotel so I could pump yet again. Then back out we went. We did a little looking around at H & M and then back to the hotel. It is so weird to be able to walk to where you need to go. I'm so used to my usual get the mail and eggs walk and that's it!

Snuggled into bed and put on a movie..Something to the extent of 'Life as we knew it'. It was an easy watch. I was falling asleep but needed to stay awake to pump again so I could attempt to sleep as much as possible!! I made it from about 1130-5am straight! Pumped, and went back to sleep from about 6-8:45 WOWOWOWOWOWO! That was unheard of!

We got ready, I pumped again, and then we were off to Rose's Cafe for breakfast. I had been before with my girlfriend Jamie, and Court had been there before since she used to live in the city, but mom and Wynt were in for a treat! My egg sandwich was so darn good, and we all enjoyed some caffination at it's finest. We cruised back to the hotel, packed up, and checked out.

Off to the Mission for a hike and ice cream we went. Wynt and Court both have problems with lactose but they were both willing to sacrifice their well being for some Buy-rite (not sure if that's how it's spelled..) ice cream. The flavors include- ginger, snickerdoodle, earl grey, orange cardamom, lemon, and many more...SO DARN GOOD! It was a splurge after our beautiful uphill hike in Corona Heights.

And then we were off as soon as you could say I left my heart in SF. As you know, my heart is at home! But it sure was great to do something out of the routine with my womens.


Womens at Chez.
Hiking at Corona Heights.
Outside of Rose's cafe- THE BEST BREAKFAST EVER! Court got a spinach and egg dish, Mom ordered polenta with marscapone, Wynt enjoyed french toast with carmelized apples, and I had a egg sandwich with gruyere, kale, and black bean spread with a warm green salad on the side. YUM!
Hanging around.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

sounds fun! I'm going to have to try that place in berkeley now!

The Winn Family said...

Chelsea, you should be a food writer! Sounds amazing!