Top Topics

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Down and Out

              Shortly after Bodega Bay the kids and I got a nasty flu like virus which had me laying low for about 3 weeks.  I can't remember the last time I had a fever and this one came and went for a few days. The kids did better than me, thank goodness. I think Chris was spared or he fought it off with his ER high exposure immune system.

              I was possibly going to be called for jury duty during this time, and thankfully I was not. It was an odd few weeks also as Chris was doing dayshift. 3 times a year he sits on a committee where he helps interview and decide which RNs go through the pay increase/the next step up. He enjoys it, sort of. He does NOT enjoy working dayshift monday-friday for two weeks, like the "rest of the world".  He's been on PM shift so long that it really is hard on him. We are glad that those two weeks are over, until he does it again in July.

            It is a beautiful Spring here. I can't believe it the Lilac bush is already blooming. I need to compare it with last years date of bloom. I swear our first year living here in 2009 when we moved in in early May was when they were blooming. It seems like it is happening earlier each year but it is also entirely possibly that my dates are wrong.
     
          The upload of the spring property photos was stalled by the kid's show streaming. Turns out our internet can only handle one demand at a time! Is this really 2016? That has been a barrier to more frequent blogging. Also I got a new phone and for some reason the blogger app is not available anymore to download. Super weird. I enjoy sharing our story and will continue to do so. The weekly time period works most of the time. Except when the internet is tweaky!

         We just got back from Monterey. Our little family of 4 headed there for 3 days and 2 nights with the main event being the Aquarium. We got a tip (thanks, Wynt!) to get our tickets in advance. We were down on Cannery Row in the late afternoon and went to purchase tickets. After we bought our tickets at 4pm they said that our ticket was good until closing time today--5PM! We had a whole hour at the least busy time of day!

        The kids were shaking with excitement, and running from large window or exhibit to the next. We went to the areas that we thought would be the busiest the following day. It was so great to beat the crowds and have our own private tour. There were very few people there. If you can plan this extra time into your trip it is SO WORTH IT!! And with little kids an hour is a great amount of time here, as they were very wound up and energetic to say the least.

       After the kids show is over I hope to post more springtime photos as well as ones documenting our Monterey trip. We also visited one of the first Earthbound Farms Farmstand, as well as Carmel Beach. It was a glorious little road trip.

No comments: