Top Topics

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Springtime

It is gorgeous around here! We are getting excited for the garden, there's always lots to look forward to. One of my gal pals was picking my brain the other day about gardening and it got me so much more excited!
 We've been collecting worms after rainstorms and feeding them to the chickens. The kids lift up the wood or rocks and I dig out the worms. It is a team effort.
 How we spend most afternoons.
 Trampoline static
 Stopped at my favorite seed store in Petaluma last weekend! It was a whirlwind shopping trip but between Owen and I we picked out about 20 seed packets.
 The turkeys are everywhere, I slept with the window cracked the other night and woke to the sounds of turkeys gobbling.
 My sweet boy planting lettuce. We are going to rearrange the raised beds and get some new dirt so we were planting in pots. I am always itching to plant, always rushing to get things into the dirt!
 Succulents regrow after the old ones die off.

 The cherry tree is in bloom
 Fungus everywhere

Oh how we sometimes long for more land... But we have more than enough right now! 2.5 acres is pretty perfect. We spend hours in the field, always something new to uncover. Spending time outdoors with these littles is the perfect afternoon.

1 comment:

Heidi Ann said...

Oh, Chelsea - this post made me remember how it was growing up out in the country and playing outside and picking wildflowers up on our hill and making forts in the manzanita bushes.
We had eleven acres on Cedar Ravine five miles out of town. It was a wonderful childhood, and it sounds like your children are having similar experiences. Your property is beautiful, and so perfect for them!