Top Topics

Friday, December 18, 2015

Destroy and Create

I joke that I can really destroy a kitchen. But if you know me well I am not joking! Some weeks are low on recipes, under 5, but some are at 15 at a high and it can get out of hand quickly! Here are some of the documented kitchen creations... not all inclusive...

I'm really into fermented foods right now, having almost all patients include them daily if possible. I love to be able to create my own anything, especially if I am asking clients to do the same. Gotta perfect a few things but I'm almost there!

Water kefir and grains
 Yummiest and easiest saurkraut


 Fermenting for 3 days
 Pre-frost garden finds
 Thanksgiving appetizer was a crunchy salad of grapes, celery, carrots, parsley, and a vegan ranch. The dressing tastes quite amazing but it has a lot of processed ingredients so I can't say it's a favorite from a health perspective. But from a tummy perspective it tastes really yummy! Belgian endive is such a great "cracker" if you want something lighter. It does have a bite though!


 Can't get enough zoodles...
 Farmstands were booming up until a couple of weeks ago. There is a pomegranate stand nearby which provided Ara and I many snacks and red lips!
 We do a lot of roasted vegetables and despite how many different kinds I roast Owen ONLY eats the potatoes. But a mama has to keep trying! The beet stars were only devoured by me but they had fun playing with their food.
 These dried persimmons were ridiculously good. I wish I had more persimmons, they were like candy. I sliced them thinly and dehydrated overnight around 135 and they were crisp. They were a tasty snack and we quickly ate up the 4 that I dried. I think we need to plant some more fruit trees. We battle the deer and frost so much that our newer trees struggle. The well established plum, cherry, and apple trees do really well, so that is good.

No comments: