Top Topics

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Under construction

Demo proved to be quite dusty... I also was not very prepared so some furniture and home items were not moved out before demo had started... Oops!
The jackhammer helped a little, but most of the tile came off with elbow grease.
A tool was rented to help get mud from the tile off of the concrete, as it needs to be flat and level for the flooring to go in. It worked but Chris had hoped it would work better than it did. Yes that is a hose just spraying away inside the house. There's a first time for everything!
Down the hall wreckage
This was he dust maker... Such fine dust everywhere. Not stoked. But it will be worth it. Projects like these inspire flexibility and simplicity!
Safety first!
More nasty dust. Inside and out of the house. We had all doors open and we were playing outside and the dust would just blow out of the house... This was good except our furniture was right outside too, so most things are very dusty now. Even my plants outside God a dust of dust. But it will be worth it and it's not too bad.
The men taking a break from the work. 

I scraped off the whole cozy room and hallway's popcorn ceiling. I loved doing it- it reminded me of something gross like peeling skin from a sunburn or something but I really enjoyed it. Nana took the kids and I was so happy to be the third worker. Yes I was sore the next day but it was really fulfilling to see results. 


The fireplace was going away.... We didn't use it very often and it was big and old... The bricks are pretty but we wanted to use the space more...
Oops I didn't put my teapot away, it got a little dusty. 

Starting to clean~

One day I moved all the tools and the dust off my beloved butcher block. Some have returned but I like this visual. 

Progress is exciting!






No comments: