Top Topics

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

SF for the weekend... Husband and Wife!

We decided to plan a quick getaway in less than 2 weeks... And it worked! Marsh (grandma) started out committing to one night and we asked for more. She obliged which was super duper awesome!
We started our adventure off at my favorite restaurant, Chez Panisse in Berkeley. We literally rolled up at 2:59 with reservations at 3. I was stressing a little but it all worked out. Even though we were really hungry I couldn't decide on a salad so I just waited patiently for my main. The spring pasta dish was finger licking good, and the mushrooms were so meaty.

In our 10 years together we were pretty sure that we haven't eaten here together. Although I think we may have about 9-10 years ago. Come on that was a while ago! So yum! Love watching the crew in the open kitchen prep everything.

We didn't really have an agenda which was really great. The only place we needed to be was the ball park at 5 on Saturday night. My priorities were: see something pretty, get some exercise in, and connect with Chris. Check, check, check! We walked to the ferry building on Saturday, took in the farmer's market, and sat outside on the back deck area for a while.




We had a bench to ourselves for a while~ quiet, calm, peaceful, good for the soul.

After a relaxing lunch at an organic cafe near the Ferry building, we decided to walk some more, and walked down to the ball park. My dad purchased a family brick that I had never seen in person. We looked for a while and then found it.

Because, you know, CB2 is us, Chris/Chelsea :). a General contracting business. Kinda works both ways, ha!

I did clock the second half of our walk that day, from the Ferry building, to the ball park, and then to our hotel. Round trip it was about 7 miles. We soaked up some vitamin D that day. Little did we know we would add another 3 miles later on!

We got to the park early so Chris could go through his routine. He likes to go try to catch balls when the teams are warming up. It was a new experience for me, I made sure to pay attention. I grabbed the backpack and ran a few times for fear of a ball hitting me!
Our seats were by the Braves side bull pen, second row. It was RAD!
WE ARE HAPPY! To be free and reconnect is pretty sweet!!
Oh! Look who also made it!!! My sister! Jac and Colin actually cooked up this weekend and that is what inspired me to copycat them and make our own getaway! You can see how sweet the seats were!
All four of us freezing our tushies off but having a great time (despite the giants loss...)
KISS CAM!
After the game we walked back (more steps!) to Jac's car since Chris and I had taken a taxi. Chris had some friends who were also visiting the city so we decided to go for it and met up with them at the tipsy pig. The boys couldn't handle my flash and look like deer in the headlights here.
We went to a teensy cozy yummy restaurant both mornings called farm:table. The "restaurant" had literally one small square communal farm table. Our second morning we ordered what we should have ordered the first morning- daily toast (focaccia with marscapone, fresh fruit, and pistachios... SO GOOD! Everyone at the table was visiting SF- one side of the table from Santa Monica, and the other from Spain. The couple from LA was having remorse for ordering a pastry. I reassured them no judgement from my department. We cozied up, took down this breakfast, and really enjoyed spending quiet meals together. We rarely sit together for any period of time, and we did this a lot in the 48 hours we were gone. It was so priceless!

No comments: